Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Convertible Sunroof motor gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Perpendicular
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convertible Sunroof motor gear

Hi all!

I am new here (as you can tell from the number of posts) and amazed at the experience and talent on this site! I am a car enthusiast and came upon a neat Mini I couldn't pass up. Not perfect by any means but fun as can be

I just bought a 05 base convertible and it has top issues.

The Drive Motor works but the plastic gear is shredded due to track issues that I am tackling now. I hope to sort that out soon and am on the hunt for a replacement gear for the motor but have had no luck in finding one.

I don't want to spend $500 for a $20 gear so I am really hoping that there is a replacement out there somewhere.

Has anyone seen one for sale somewhere? Does anyone have a bad motor with a good gear in it that they want to sell?

-Paul

Old 08-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Moving you to the Stock Problems/Issues area. Pretty sure ECS that is vendor here has a vert and may be of more help.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:09 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,015 Likes on 1,811 Posts
They dont come separately on the gear. You can find a used one but make sure the cables are not broken or stuck/ stretched otherwise when you put a new or used motor in it will do the same thing.

All info here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tible-top.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172