Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Some serious trifecta issues!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:27 AM
siggie
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some serious trifecta issues!

Hi,

I had a friend of a friend replace my broken wheel bearing and during the process he broke the abs sensor, thats when the abs/dsc/tp lights went on.
He told me they would go away if I put a new sensor back on so I did but it did not solve the problem.

Ive then had the same wheel bearing and abs sensor replaced again with no luck, the trifecta is still there.

The lights comes on when I go above 20 km/h.

Please help me out, this is starting to get annoying!

Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
you need to get live data while driving the car to confirm accurate reading and comparison.
when he broke the sensor, did the wires touch?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:28 AM
siggie
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
you need to get live data while driving the car to confirm accurate reading and comparison.
when he broke the sensor, did the wires touch?
I left the car at a workshop to replace the parts and the mechanic drove the car with his computer plugged in and it just said ABS sensor front left when he was going 20 km/h.

I dont know about the wires, could that cause any problems?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:38 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
if the wires touched when he broke it, it is a problem. to explain, i bought a car with front end damage. the MAF sensor broke and the wired shorted. after getting the car fixed, the CEL came and did want to turn off. I replaced the sensor twice with no luck. I replaced the DME/ECU and the light went away.

ask you mechanic to get readings from the sensor, like speed, voltage and compare it to the other sensor. worst case scenario, you'll need an ABS module.