Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

New2me JCW - Supercharger Experts wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 07:29 PM
CKinKC
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New2me JCW - Supercharger Experts wanted

Picked up an 03 JCW from Copart last week for a can't pass it up price. Looked like relatively minor front end damage, and now that it's in the driveway that's about right. Low speed impact, just above the bumper so the hood curled up, the scoop is trashed, and the IC diverter is in a few pieces. The IC itself looks good, but we discovered that the post charger MAP sensor was broken in the collision. The main body sheared at the ears for the screws, and the probe pieces broke at the o-ring groove closest to the body.
Replacing the MAP sensor is easy.
The $2500 question is what are the chances the remaining probe pieces went into the supercharger there? And if they went in, what if anything can be done about it?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Moving you to the Stock Problems/Issues area. This will also get you a bump to the top.

The following users liked this post:
CKinKC (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 02:59 PM
CSP
5th Gear
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Well if it's post-charger, I'd say the odds are very little that it went backwards. Don't take that as gospel by any means, I'm sure it's entirely possible they could end up there. I'd just assume that with such small pieces any air would move them easily down the line. You may still end up with issues with that. If you want to be extra careful, pull the S/C off over a weekend and just be very thorough. In this case, it's more along the lines of a pound of prevention saves 10 pounds of cure.