Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Need help!! no spark and injectors not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 04:43 PM
James2XJW
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help!! no spark and injectors not working

This is my first post, and first mini. Ok, I have a 06 mini, I bought. It has no codes, and there is no spark, or fuel injectors aren't working. I'm thinking it's the chip in the key, or the immobilizer. Now, with the key in the ignition, and the door open there's no door chime, but when the key is turned to the on position, the chime works. Someone has been into the key, and theres no battery in it. Would I be best to buy a key off of eBay, and take the car to the dealership, and have it programed, or should I buy a used computer, immobilizer, key, and ignition cylinder for $250.00. any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Going to move you to the Stock Problems/Issues area. If you have not already done so, have you searched that area as I know that keys are discussed.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:46 PM
James2XJW
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r53coop
Going to move you to the Stock Problems/Issues area. If you have not already done so, have you searched that area as I know that keys are discussed.
If you don't mind, please move this thread. I'm sorry, I posted in the wrong place. This is my first fourm. Thanks

Old 09-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Rather have you ask the question than ask no question at all. Thread is in the correct place now.