Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Help! I broke it and can't find a part #

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Minston
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Help! I broke it and can't find a part #

I have a 2005 S and I am replacing the clutch after 140,000 miles and converting the flywheel(it was time) etc. If you have ever performed this procedure you will be aware of the ... inconvenient ... placing of 1 or 2 of the bell housing bolts. Specifically there is one of the "top" of the bell housing located under what I call the octopus, although it is really more accurate to call it a scorpion(?), it is about 4 inches long and has 8 or 10 wire groups coming out of it and another smaller connector. The smaller connector comes out from the bottom of the "octopus" and immediately turns around to go back to and plug into a square connector attached to the engine, looks like the cylinder head to me, I have included pictures to try to describe what I am looking for. The moral of the story is that I broke the "connector" that holds this pair of wires, attached to a female end, and secures them to the male receiver described above.
I have pictures of the receiver on the block and I hope enough pics to show the broken part I am looking to replace.(edit:the 2nd pic of the connector on the block is upside down, you can see the flywheel above the actual location, I must have had my phone upside down, oops) The part in my hand plugs into the part attached to the engine block shown in the 4th and 5th(upside down) pictures. It is pretty much dead center of the 4th pic. The last pic shows me pointing to the spot under the "octopus" that the pair of wires comes out, the actual wire and connector are hanging out to the right in the pic. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!
All I need is a part number so that I can order it, if it is available. I have scoured my Bentley and cannot find a picture of it and I have also scoured the REALOEM website, also to no avail. I can plug the thing in so my car should run, the bugaboo is that since there will be nothing securing this connection, well, I won't have to guess for long to figure out how long it will stay in before I am stuck on the side of the road, plugging it in again...and again...and again...

Attached Thumbnails Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170926_155031.jpg   Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170927_165949.jpg   Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170927_165945.jpg   Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170927_170208.jpg   Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170927_170121.jpg  

Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-1506466731803.jpg   Help! I broke it and can't find a part #-20170927_170252.jpg  

Last edited by Minston; 09-27-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: describe photo
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 AM
AoxoMoxoA
5th Gear
Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Minston
All I need is a part number so that I can order it, if it is available.
The coolant temperature sensor (screwed into the cylinder head) is p/n 13621486698, but if I understand this correctly, you need the connector that presses into the sensor? If so, your best be might be to scour a few junk yards and cut it off a parts car.

ETA:
Another option might be to source a used harness off eBay to get the plug...
HERE'S one that's available right now.

Last edited by AoxoMoxoA; 09-28-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Minston
1st Gear
Thanks AoxoMoxoA,
You pinpointed it and I looked right past it on RealOEM, anywhoo, thank you for you kind assistance and Motor On!
Minston

Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
AoxoMoxoA
5th Gear
Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Minston
You pinpointed it and I looked right past it on RealOEM...
You found the actual connector only? Sold separately?
If so, can you share the p/n to the forum for future reference?

I spotted some harness repair/replacement plugs on RealOEM, but none that looked exactly like the one you're looking for.

Thx.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Minston
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AoxoMoxoA
You found the actual connector only? Sold separately?
If so, can you share the p/n to the forum for future reference?

I spotted some harness repair/replacement plugs on RealOEM, but none that looked exactly like the one you're looking for.

Thx.
No problem, it was on the same page on RealOEM as the coolant sensor. The sensor is tagged 7 and the connector 12
P/N: 12527511368
I found it at ECS, FCP Euro and Pelican Parts but can not remember who I ordered it from. It may be available elsewhere, but I did not check at that point.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:21 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Some good info, thanks for sharing. Doing some research on connectors before, the CTS connector on the R56 for the thermostat is the same as the oil pressure sensor. So, sometimes these sensors can be used on different components. Glad you found the correct part and got it fixed. I am just a PM away if you ever need anything in the future.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST