Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

air in master cylinder - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Subw00er
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
air in master cylinder - HELP!

I replaced my slave today and while doing it lost the rubber seal inside. while I was looking for it all of the fluid came out of the line - it stopped dripping. I found the seal, put the slave back together (i FULLY compressed it with a tool etc). I then bled it fully until no bubbles came out. But when I hit the clutch, it has no resistance and I can hear air in the cylinder at the clutch itself.

I'm assuming I have air in my master cylinder. I bled the brakes just before the slave and they have a VERy solid petal.

How can I get fluid back into the master? I have a motive bleeder setup. Does keeping the pedal in overnight bleed it?

My car is up on stands immobile at a friends, any quick reply sure is appreciated!!

Old 10-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Subw00er
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Just a follow up... did three motive bleeds in a row and finally saw a good amount of air hiccup out. I did the method of pushing fluid into the lines from the slave till I had a tiny bit of pedal resistance all the way in, then next time I bled, I saw the air pocket come out.

I havent driven the car yet, but the pedal feels like before. Doing the stick trick now for good measure, hopefully its good to go in the am.