Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Official Transmission Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Minicoopersmodel
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Official Transmission Fluid Change

I finally got my 2010 MCS - Automatic transmission fluid flushed/changed. It was done today and now I have to pickup the car tomorrow. I will let everyone know if the car runs smoother.

I had the fluid changed because the previous owner barely drove the car. The first owner drove it for 38k and the 2nd owner drove it for 2k. It was sitting in the garage 2nd owner's garage for a few years with only 2k in driving.

After 2 months of owning it, I notice that there was a transmission delay on low speed and it also jerk/studder sometimes. Therefore, I went to get the fluid changed.

BTW, the cost was $200 plus tax. They used OEM Mini fluid and filter.

Last edited by Minicoopersmodel; 10-03-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:35 AM
patpatpat
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From what others have posted, you got a great deal on an AT flush/filter change

Old 10-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Minicoopersmodel
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks.

The transmission shifts more smoothly but the whining sound is still there at low speed. I'm not sure what is it... maybe the fuel pump or filter needs to be replaced. I'll get a fuel pressure test later this week. Any ideas can help.