Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

2011 Cooper S Cold Start Question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:07 AM
PaMiniCooperS
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Cooper S Cold Start Question...

Good Morning guys/gals

I purchased a 2011 Cooper S about 3 months ago. I love the car, its been wonderful to drive. The car has a detailed service record from its previous owner, at a Mini Dealership in New Jersey, and appears to have been kept up with quite well.
About a week ago ( when the temperatures here in PA started getting into the low 40s, upper 30's at night ) my car developed the dreaded half power light, on its first start of the day. The car starts and runs fine, idles smooth, no noises or anything that screams bad news, however the half CEL displays. The normal check engine light does not come on, and there are no codes to be seen when using my scan tool. The on board computer displays the cc-ID29, which i read could be related to the HPFP. I can shut the car off after about 10 seconds, re start it, and the light does not re appear the rest of the day, car screams down the road like it always has. Can i get some pointers on any known sensors/things to check, that may cause this, or should i replace the HPFP? The dealer records state the car had its HPFP replaced about 9k miles ago ( which i know dosen't mean i can rule it out ) I own a scan tool that can stream sensor data, i also am handy with a multi meter for ohming out components. I just need a ballpark to start in if possible.

The car has 73k on it, manual trans. No work has been done that triggered this issue, only the temperature change.

Thanks in advance!
-e

Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
try to get the fuel rail pressure reading in the morning or when you suspect the issue will arise.

where in PA are you?