Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Hazards not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:00 AM
mcguir6799
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hazards not working

About 2 years ago I swapped my front and rear speaker channels in my 07 base Cooper. Ever since then my hazards/floor board lights/lights on bottoms of doors haven't worked. I have been able to bump the wiring harness going into the driver's side kick panel computer and get them to work. Sometimes for a few months or just a couple days, or as soon as I hit the panel to get the clips to seat they stop working again. Lights on the bottom of the doors haven't worked since, not a huge deal to me. Floor board lights would be nice to be lit up as well, but hazards are my main concern. It all seems tied to that plug. If I literally set my finger on the plug it all works. Take my finger off the plug and doesn't work.

Has anyone seen this issue before or have some ideas to try? Also I think I remember there being lights on my auto climate control buttons (not the LCD screen those still work) but the control buttons don't light up either even when I can get the hazards to work.

Thanks in advanced!

Old 11-09-2017, 10:47 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
disconnect the plug and reconnect it again. make sure the locking tab is inserted properly. if issue not solved, take the FRM out (disconnect battery first) and open it up. see and test of the pins are tight/soldered good.