Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

A/C Blows out of the wrong vent

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 04:42 PM
CorpsmanUp2010
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Blows out of the wrong vent

A couple of months ago, while driving my 2008 MINI Cooper with automatic climate control, the a/c started acting up. When I set the a/c to blow on my feet,windshield, or dash, I have to play a guessing game on where it will come out. I can set it to dash and it will come out on the feet. The next time I put it on dash, it will work properly. The next time it will come out on defrost. There is not a consistent pattern for me to adapt to. I have to press the buttons a lot every-time to change the configuration to eventually (hopefully) get it where I am wanting to come out. Sometimes it just will stick on feet and not adjust regardless of where I set it to come out. Has anyone else had this issue? I can provide more details if anyone has any questions.

My local MINI dealership thinks it is the main gear unit (part #64119270387) but they wanted to charge me $800 just to pull it out and confirm their suspicion.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:19 PM
MC_Clubman09
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our 2009 started doing this a couple of weeks ago. Our mechanic diagnosed it as the main gear unit also. They wanted 600 in labor plus parts. There's a used one on Ebay here, if you care to take a chance. I have yet to challenge ours; too many other projects currently.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:54 PM
CorpsmanUp2010
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang it. That thing is up in there, too. That thing is going to be a pain to pull on my own. I’ll have a couple of weeks to leave it down next month. If I decide to do it myself, I’ll let you know how hard it is. I’m definitely not looking forward to this. I appreciate the link but, I’ll probably just get a new one for $100. Hopefully it will minimize my chances of it happening again.