Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Loss of mph after engine soon light came on

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Privatemickey
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loss of mph after engine soon light came on

On way home from store, had cruise on and set at 55mph, light came on then it decreased speed to 51mph, couldn't get it to go any faster. Feels like it is governed.. Need help, I think maybe bypass intake valve, or maybe oil pressure sensor.. Anyone?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Moving you to the Stock Problems/Issues area.

What light, there are two; Check Engine or EML? If either came on then there should be a corresponding "code" via the OBD port.

With long distance diagnostics, the more the patient can describe the better the diagnosis.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Black Forest
4th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
You may want to expand upon what year and model you have.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:52 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Privatemickey
On way home from store, had cruise on and set at 55mph, light came on then it decreased speed to 51mph, couldn't get it to go any faster. Feels like it is governed.. Need help, I think maybe bypass intake valve, or maybe oil pressure sensor.. Anyone?
With the scan information you provided, I am afraid you would have better luck with a fortune teller - the one with a real crystal ball.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
It could just be me but I find there are allot of One and Done postings here of late. If an answer is not provided in 5 minutes, they move on. This OP asked the question on the 9th, came back yesterday the 10th but apparently did nothing.

As a group there is just so much knowledge here and there are also many that will try to help solve problems. IMO so much is being lost by "instant this and instant that."

Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 AM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
driveby postings

Originally Posted by r53coop
It could just be me but I find there are allot of One and Done postings here of late. If an answer is not provided in 5 minutes, they move on. This OP asked the question on the 9th, came back yesterday the 10th but apparently did nothing.

As a group there is just so much knowledge here and there are also many that will try to help solve problems. IMO so much is being lost by "instant this and instant that."
I call them driveby posters. Frankly I am getting tired of people like this. When you realize you are spending more time and care to help them when they don't bother to put in a bit of effort for their first appearance on a forum you know you are wasting your own precious time.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:12 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
I dealt with allot of idots, morons and aholes in my construction career, which is one of reasons I retired early. I have lots of time so the one and dones/drivebys just keep me occupied now.

One of my sayings here is "rather have you ask the question than ask no question at all."

Old 11-13-2017, 12:03 PM
coopermike29
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
truer words were never said ^ !!!

Greatest and MOST helpful forum out there !!!!

Thank YOU for ALL you do !!