Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Crank Pulley Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Jake Renninger
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crank Pulley Question

Hello everyone! So I was watching ModMinis video about removing the crank pulley and I'm having trouble.... he said to put it in 6th and have someone press on the brakes, but when I had someone do this and when I took a breaker bar to the crank pulley bolt, the bolt and pulley spun together and I can't loosen it. Any advice?

Old 11-12-2017, 09:05 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 762 Likes on 622 Posts
If you have both wheels off the car or the driver on the ground you can put a screwdriver in the rotor to keep it from turning. Once it pops it will come off easier.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 11-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Jake Renninger
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
If you have both wheels off the car or the driver on the ground you can put a screwdriver in the rotor to keep it from turning. Once it pops it will come off easier.
that worked great thank you!! I will most likely be starting another thread about the timing chain and all that once i get there!

Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 762 Likes on 622 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake Renninger
that worked great thank you!! I will most likely be starting another thread about the timing chain and all that once i get there!
Great glad I could help. Working on MINIs daily I come up with tricks all the time.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more