Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Mini Low RPM Stutter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Tyler Wells
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Low RPM Stutter?

I recently was driving it fast and now when I let the clutch out around 1000 to 1300 rpms the car shakes and stutters. Got the clutch replaced 3,400 miles ago with a Stage 2 ACT and an ACT lightened flywheel, until I was on it hard this has happened. Same goes as reverse, but when I get going I have no problem just from takeoff, please someone help me I already spent way more on this thing than I bought it for already.

-Tyler

Old 11-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
Moving you to the Stock Problems/Issues area.

With long distance diagnosing the more information you provide the better the suggestions. Are either the CEL or EML lights coming on and if so what codes are present? What year, how many miles, and what owner are you? Fuel filter been changed? When were the plugs, coils and plug wires changed?

Old 11-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Tyler Wells
Neutral
Fuel filter replaced 5 months ago and I run shell 91 all the time, plugs and oil changed done 6 days ago, the wires were done 7 months ago as well. And no lights on

Old 11-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
I am thinking the crank pulley/harmonic damper. Can check to see if you have rubber residue around the pulley and also can try taking the tension off the belt and seeing if the pulley will push into and contact the timing chain cover.

Could be a throttle body issue but would think you would get a code.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Tyler Wells
Neutral
I have a cravenspeed 2% reduction pulley on there not the stock one with the bs rubber.