Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

PTO End Plate and Gear Transplant

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 AM
jaypark28@gmail.com
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTO End Plate and Gear Transplant

Hello,

I am in the process of replacing my supercharger unit on my 2006 JCW and have a few questions regarding PTO end plate and gears.

Assuming that my PTO end plate and the gear are in good condition, how easy is it to take the end plate and gear from my old supercharger and move them to the newly acquired supercharger unit that does not have these two parts. (attached pictures are not mine and just for reference) I took the bolts that hold the end plate to the supercharger unit but it is still stuck. Is it ok to just pry them out?

Also, is there any sealant or gasket needed to reassemble the end plate?

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails PTO End Plate and Gear Transplant-pto.jpg   PTO End Plate and Gear Transplant-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:10 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by jaypark28@gmail.com
Hello,

I am in the process of replacing my supercharger unit on my 2006 JCW and have a few questions regarding PTO end plate and gears.

Assuming that my PTO end plate and the gear are in good condition, how easy is it to take the end plate and gear from my old supercharger and move them to the newly acquired supercharger unit that does not have these two parts. (attached pictures are not mine and just for reference) I took the bolts that hold the end plate to the supercharger unit but it is still stuck. Is it ok to just pry them out?

Also, is there any sealant or gasket needed to reassemble the end plate?

Thank you!
It may not be the answer you are looking for. If someone is selling you a SC without the said PTO, I will highly suspicious the rotors in the SC is way past their prime. The seller likely removed the water pump take off because the gears inside had turned into coffee grind.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:12 PM
pnwR53S
6th Gear - NAM Hall of Fame
Received 389 Likes on 356 Posts