Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Supercharger Corrosion and and a scary looking oil pan / valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 AM
DamnCampers
3rd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by aboveliquidice
Thank you for the intercooler recommendation! I'll take a look at doing so. Glad to hear others are doing it as well.

Any idea on the rails? Muscling them out is possible but also a little nerve racking.
No clue on the rails as I haven't done them yet even though I'm at 123K miles myself. Have checked aro7nd on the forums to see if anyone has posted a how to?

Old 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
Thank you for the intercooler recommendation! I'll take a look at doing so. Glad to hear others are doing it as well.

Any idea on the rails? Muscling them out is possible but also a little nerve racking.
You can take the sprocket off, mark the chain and sprocket first. Use a bungee to hold tension on the chain so it won't move off the bottom gear. Let us know how you made out.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:01 PM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts

How did you make out with the rails?