Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Any help? If not all is good!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Snilerwolf3x7
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any help? If not all is good!

Hey everyone! Hope the holidays treated everyone well! As it stands currently I ran my car into some deep water this morning after a bad rain. All seemed well afterwards. Car runs well, still hits good on the throttle. Haha. But my car won't remote unlock or lock anymore. I attempted to do a reprogram a few times, but with no luck. I would suspect the bc1 pack, but no other abnormalities have happened. Anyone have any thoughts as to what it might be? If not then all is well, I plan to turn the mini into a truck car later anyways, so who needs the fob. xD
Thanks for any replies, hope everybody's year has gone well!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:49 AM
RockC
5th Gear
Received 214 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Snilerwolf3x7
Hey everyone! Hope the holidays treated everyone well! As it stands currently I ran my car into some deep water this morning after a bad rain. All seemed well afterwards. Car runs well, still hits good on the throttle. Haha. But my car won't remote unlock or lock anymore. I attempted to do a reprogram a few times, but with no luck. I would suspect the bc1 pack, but no other abnormalities have happened. Anyone have any thoughts as to what it might be? If not then all is well, I plan to turn the mini into a truck car later anyways, so who needs the fob. xD
Thanks for any replies, hope everybody's year has gone well!
You didn't say how deep the water but any chance the water level up high enough to possibly get water into the cabin? Or the doors, maybe through "drains" in the bottom of the doors?

Regardless, you should check the Body Control module for signs of moisture.

Check if the door bottoms are dry. Give the doors a good shake in a quiet place listening for any sounds of water in the doors.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Snilerwolf3x7
1st Gear
Not really sure the depth. I didn't notice any water in the cabin. And it was dry by the time I started meddling with the door for work. No water sounds heard though. I imagine there would've been more problems if the bc1 got wet, but so far only the remote lock has given me trouble. It teased me last night though, by giving me a one time unlock. But unsure if that signals an issue from the fob or not. May attempt a battery change as it was kinda finicky with range before the water. Thanks for the reply!

Old 01-29-2018, 01:12 PM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 179 Likes on 167 Posts
Do you have multiple Keys? You can try your other key.

How long is your key in the ignition when driving? The key supposedly recharges when in the ignition.

I sometimes have issues with mine from time to time. I end up sitting in the driveway pushing buttons on the FOB for minutes to sort it out.

Best of Luck.

Motor ON!

Old 01-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Snilerwolf3x7
1st Gear
Sadly when I purchased the car it only had one key fob. I've heard they're meant to recharge. I did just do a 1 hour trip today, but it's still arguing. I hate that is teased me cause I just don't know what the issue is. Lol. But such is my life sometimes. Thank you for the reply!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:53 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 179 Likes on 167 Posts
Well, sound like you might want to try the Battery replacement option OR the more expensive route, getting another Key and having it programmed to the car, But if the issue is the receiver side (Control Module) you still in the same spot just now short $200. for the Key.

Best of Luck.

Motor On!

Last edited by JABowders; 01-30-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 AM
Snilerwolf3x7
1st Gear
Would seem so. It's teasing me like it's working every couple of clicks. Lol. So it'll blink to unlock about every hundredth time. xD
Thanks for the reply! I'll try and keep y'all updated from any progress.