Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Anyone knows where these gaskets/o-rings go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018 | 12:04 PM
RUPNOK
|
3rd Gear
Anyone knows where these gaskets/o-rings go?

These came in a Fel-Pro head gasket set. The big round gasket is to the throttle body. The four white ones are made of a hard plastic. Thanks

Old 03-21-2018 | 10:49 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
My guess for the four white ones is intake manifold gaskets, but they gotta be flexible enough to take the shape of a bent oval.

Old 03-22-2018 | 06:19 AM
RUPNOK
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
My guess for the four white ones is intake manifold gaskets, but they gotta be flexible enough to take the shape of a bent oval.
The white ones are fairly hard plastic and are the updated intake cam "rectangring" made of teflon, part# 11317587757 . These replace the metal ones. The metal gasket is for the N12 motor. Still not sure about the other two smaller o-rings.

Old 03-22-2018 | 10:43 AM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RUPNOK
The white ones are fairly hard plastic and are the updated intake cam "rectangring" made of teflon, part# 11317587757 . These replace the metal ones. The metal gasket is for the N12 motor. Still not sure about the other two smaller o-rings.
If I knew which engine the set was for, I wouldn't have responded. My '07 N14 intake cam only has 2 rectangrings, and none on the exhaust cam. Also, my head gasket kits don't include either your metal gasket or a throttle body gasket, it has only N14 stuff that's used for the head. But, I don't use Felpro either, at least not yet.

If you don't find these gaskets during disassembly, you shouldn't need to worry about them --- just replace the gaskets you find. Depending on what you're tearing down, there's bound to be extra gaskets in the kit.

Old 03-22-2018 | 11:19 AM
RUPNOK
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oldbrokenwind
If I knew which engine the set was for, I wouldn't have responded. My '07 N14 intake cam only has 2 rectangrings, and none on the exhaust cam. Also, my head gasket kits don't include either your metal gasket or a throttle body gasket, it has only N14 stuff that's used for the head. But, I don't use Felpro either, at least not yet.

If you don't find these gaskets during disassembly, you shouldn't need to worry about them --- just replace the gaskets you find. Depending on what you're tearing down, there's bound to be extra gaskets in the kit.
This set is for a N14 and came with an exhaust gasket instead of the head gasket. It is strange how it includes n12 stuff. The extra 2 rectarings are for the n12 exhaust cam. I'm kind of OCD about using everything is a set especially when the set costs $121 shipped. I'm always thinking, did I miss something somewhere?

Which set do you use? My ideal set would have the vacuum pump o-ring, HPFP o-ring, and fuel injector bits that this set did not.

Old 03-22-2018 | 04:59 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RUPNOK
This set is for a N14 and came with an exhaust gasket instead of the head gasket. It is strange how it includes n12 stuff. The extra 2 rectarings are for the n12 exhaust cam. I'm kind of OCD about using everything is a set especially when the set costs $121 shipped. I'm always thinking, did I miss something somewhere?

Which set do you use? My ideal set would have the vacuum pump o-ring, HPFP o-ring, and fuel injector bits that this set did not.
I've been using the dealer's set --- same one as listed in RealOEM, has everything except head and exhaust gaskets, nothing extra. Now that their price has gone up to over $300, I'm gonna shop around our various vendors.