Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Camshaft rocker question rookie mistake

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 01:07 AM
shanksamillion
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Camshaft rocker question rookie mistake

So I took my head to machine shop. I removed the cams and the bad valve just to get a closer look at the valve seat. I left the lifters and rockers in. When I got to the shop I was discussing with them about just going through the exhaust valves and leaving the intakes alone. I also didn’t want the head milled because it was already at the limit and it checked out okay with no warpage. In our conversations and the shop guy checking head thickness the head was flipped over a couple times so some of the rockers and lifters fell out and got mixed up. Both intakes and exhaust. I was a bit concerned and the shop guy said it was okay. I thought the rockers had to go back in the same position? Also the intakes are not interchangeable with the exhaust side either right? Once they’re mixed up is what should I do? Is ther any way to know the difference between intake and exhaust rockers? Isn’t the geometry different because of the vanos on the intake side? All the springs are still in and the one I removed was put in a baggie and labeled. What do I do?