Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Passenger side window system popped a cable out of place, can't find a good diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 10:06 AM
RocketUSA
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger side window system popped a cable out of place, can't find a good diagram

Well, Grindy McGrindface showed up yesterday in the form of a window that no longer works (that's the noise it made). Popped the door panel off, and it appears that the cable slipped off the lower pulley (front, under the regulator). Now it's an exercise in trying to figure out how it all goes back together. I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a diagram or something that shows me how that lift cable is supposed to be routed. The regulator appears to be working fine, it's just the lift system that's all jacked up.

That lower pulley wheel, which is riveted to the bracket, appears to have a notch broken out of it, which I think was the source of my pain. Just a notch, though, so I'm betting that I can put the cable back on and get a lot more service time out of it. Or it could fall off again tomorrow.