Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Air pushed out intake?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018 | 01:21 PM
shanksamillion
|
3rd Gear
Air pushed out intake?!?!?

Now I got this loud air noise. Like a whooooosh. I hear it eching in the primary (plastic) air intake that feeds to air filter. I put my hand in there and could feel air pushing, more like popping out! Car starts immediately, revs high for a bit, then lowers near normal but stumbles then goes up again. What am I missing here? I’ve been through the vacuum lines, intercooler hoses, and electrical connectors. Not sure a vacuum leak would push air back out intake like this anyway. Strange. What am I missing? Has anyone heard of this before?

Last edited by shanksamillion; 08-17-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2018 | 04:32 PM
shanksamillion
|
3rd Gear
Sorry guys I should not have posted.

So a general rule I would suggest would be to avoid posting for 24 hours after initial onset of problem if you plan to try a few more things. I went through all the vacuum lines again and found an unplugged hose on intake manifold. It wasn’t the pcv hose. It was the smaller one above it that also clicks on. Man... Crazy how this would cause air to shoot out the fresh air intake at the grill.
I’ve done a lot of big jobs on this car and other cars, including valve jobs, piston rings etcetera. I’ve never ran into so much trouble with this car before. Sorry for log jamming the forum with my issues. A lot of the posts were helpful and I’ve found retailers like ECS here on NAM. It is a very helpful website. Thanks guys.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (08-20-2018)