Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Nothing wrong here not the timing chain

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:28 PM
cyberlunacy
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Nothing wrong here not the timing chain

the last couple weeks i been hearing off and on, more off than on a new never for 2 months light clackity clack sound on a cold start up so i took it to a local shop who said nope, timing chain and guides are fine as is the tensioner. Vacuum etc checked out and the engine as i knew when i grought it in has yet to throw any codes. Its just been running... wierd.
They said inside its extremely clean, who ever owned it previously obviously took care of it.
so no bad timing chain needed for me! Yay!!
and had them throw on my drilled/slotted rotors and pads.
and oddly enough when i picked it up it was running quiter and smoother than its has in the last few weeks. Which i am super glad to see and hear but bothers me only in the sense that i cant resolve the issue.
It could something as simple as fuel on a cold start causing a knock of some sort but still...

but anyways just happy to report they can find nothing wrong and even stated more than once how clean the engine is inside and its running very good!