Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

another abs / asc / tire pressure warning thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:33 PM
frankvan
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
another abs / asc / tire pressure warning thread

So i got the trifecta of lights intermittently and replaced the front sensors as per this example thread (there's lots on the forum, but none that i found have any real solutions it seems)
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...us-issues.html

Had to drill out the old ones.
Installed new ones BMW part no. 34 52 6 756 384 (says "made in Hungary" on package) with production date 09/2018.
Now i get the abs/asc as soon as car is running, and tire pressure light comes on as soon as car moves.
Connected inpa and dcom (possibly the worst car diagnostic software I've ever used) and it shows speed zero with occasional blips for the two front sensors, but correct speed for rears and speedometer is showing correct speed as well (not sure which sensor supplies speedo or if it's transmission output sensor).
At first i was thinking i need to replace the magnetic ring on the wheel hubs, but that wouldn't make sense if i get the warning lights before the car even moves.
So now i'm thinking it's a bad wiring connection somewhere in the system. I've checked the ABS module connector (it's easy to identify and access!) and it "seems" fine.
As they do more than ABS - they supply the traction control and tire warning system also - i figure they must have connectors and wiring in a few places worth investigating.

My question for the forum:

Where are the various connections (BC1/2?) for the wheel speed sensors?

02 non-S

Old 06-19-2019, 02:35 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,015 Likes on 1,811 Posts
Check the connection at the socket, the pins have to line up. And then snap in all the way down. Also I would get a scan tool to what else is going on.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...yesterday.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
frankvan
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't need scantool, i have INPA and a DCAN cable and it shows absolutely no signal from new the front sensors. At least with the old sensors i had intermittent signals from the front. Now nothing. Have checked multiple connectors (the two pin speed sensor csn, the DSC/ABS cxn, EMS2K cxn's, etc...) and everything checks out.
No error displayed for cooling fan so not sure what's up there either (it's also not engaging when it should, low or high speed - but does when you apply power to it directly)