Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Low speed fan or climate control panel?#?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:39 PM
Brady Phillips
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low speed fan or climate control panel?#?

Ok I know there is alot of threads on this I've been doing hours of reading this is what I've came up with.. I have a 06 mcs, its has the manual climate control, my blower motor turns on but my rear defrost, recirculation, and ac buttons do nothing dont light up wont turn on dont flash, I jumped the ac relay and the compressor kicked on, so I'm thinking it's the climate control, the fan did kick on after about 10 seconds but its seemed to be the high speed fan dont think the low speed fan has ever came on I've only owned the car for about a week now, just wondering if one probably could be related to the other or do I have 2 issues failed climate control and bad low speed fan resistor,

Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 AM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Brady Phillips
Ok I know there is alot of threads on this I've been doing hours of reading this is what I've came up with.. I have a 06 mcs, its has the manual climate control, my blower motor turns on but my rear defrost, recirculation, and ac buttons do nothing dont light up wont turn on dont flash, I jumped the ac relay and the compressor kicked on, so I'm thinking it's the climate control, the fan did kick on after about 10 seconds but its seemed to be the high speed fan dont think the low speed fan has ever came on I've only owned the car for about a week now, just wondering if one probably could be related to the other or do I have 2 issues failed climate control and bad low speed fan resistor,
There is no Manual Climate Control. Either you have Climate Control or not. You need a scanner that can test your components like a Schwaben reader scanner. Have you checked your fuses and relays. You have too many things going on at one time to guess at what could be the cause. I would spend the $200 get a scanner and you will be able to test each of those components you've mentioned

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (08-05-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 PM
Brady Phillips
Neutral
Still no luck

I've replace the climate control unit new low speed fan resistor ps fan works check all fuses and relays still no luck

Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Brady Phillips
Neutral
This is what I have

Old 08-14-2019, 08:17 AM
gumbedamit
5th Gear
Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Brady Phillips
You have the standard, cooling/heating system, (Non-Climate Control). Climate control systems have the digital thermostat where you set the temperature. Were you able to get the scanner to test the components? I would not try to throw money at this problem until you get the correct diagnostic tools, in this case a scanner that can test the components.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Brady Phillips
Neutral
Originally Posted by gumbedamit
You have the standard, cooling/heating system, (Non-Climate Control). Climate control systems have the digital thermostat where you set the temperature. Were you able to get the scanner to test the components? I would not try to throw money at this problem until you get the correct diagnostic tools, in this case a scanner that can test the components.
I'll try to buy one this week and go from there thanks

Old 09-01-2019, 12:06 AM
Brady Phillips
Neutral
well i bought a foxwell nt624, ran my diagnostics, it wouldnt run the ac check not sure why keep say retry connection verify the key in on the on position... only other fault im seing is about passenger side air bag, i about to install a new super charger i guess i star by replacing the pressure sensor while im in there, there is no bmw or mini dealership within 100 miles of me dont know what else to do

Old 09-02-2019, 07:09 PM
MVPeters
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 122 Posts
Since someone removed the radio, perhaps a plug got disturbed in the process.
Note that nothing works on the heater - A/C unless the fan switch is in position 1.