Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

water damage to electricals from open sunroof + rain

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019 | 04:32 PM
TheBerkshireJob
|
Neutral
water damage to electricals from open sunroof + rain

Hi all. So it rained. hard. and the roof on our 2008 Clubman was open.
Now the key fob buttons do not lock or unlock the doors or trunk.
Now the radio only tunes into one station, can't change the station and none of the preset buttons work.
Older problem: the LCDs on the climate control and radio are barely legible in summer when it is hot.

What parts should I be shopping for and how can I be sure that I get ones with good LCD(s)?
Probably a new radio, and a bonus would be to have a legible display.
What part(s) would cause the loss of key fob action? The switch for the door locks works, as do the window controls.
Maybe not needing to replace the climate control since everything works there (except the LCD fades in summer).
If I got everything in the center console that would solve all my problems but probably would be quite expensive.
I can go to a pick and pull but are there years/codes for center console electronics with upgraded LCDs?
Did Mini fix the issues with the LCDs fading? Living in New England the LCDs might not go bad as quick, but this car was driven to Florida every winter by the PO until we bought it in 2016.
I have seen replacement LCDs on eBay with an without installation service, it does seem like quite job to replace the screen not having ever done it before. Been just living with it, but now....

Old 09-02-2019 | 05:38 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
for the lock/unlock, the antenna is in the rear view mirror.

The AC controller got unpixled on mine when I forgot the windows down lol...had a spare controller and got it replaced.

check realoem.com for part numbers and cross references.