Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

R52 rear interior panel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Tygurscoop
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
R52 rear interior panel replacement

Hello everyone,
I am considering replacing my rear interior panels, as the previous owner put some pretty good scratches in them and it has grown to be quite an eyesore to me. One item that may be a decider for me is the HK speaker grille removal. Is it that big of a deal to remove the speaker grille and ring if I am already going to have the panel removed? The cost of the panels themselves, along with pretty astronomical shipping rates, is enough to make me indecisive, if I have to buy speaker grilles and rings it pretty much makes it a deal breaker.
Any help on these speaker parts would be great!

Old 09-19-2019, 11:36 AM
MINI_Jason
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was under the impression that the speaker grilles were part of the panel. I had both of them off of mine a few months back and forgot to look. The grilles themselves seemed flimsy as they both are broken off on mine. I have been looking around from some aftermarket grilles that look similar and planning to rattle canning them silver.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:36 PM
Tygurscoop
2nd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I have located the speaker rings/grilles, but that brings the total back up to over $700. Add that to the fact that it is a blue interior, and there are supposedly only a handful of the right side left, it wont be long before I basically will have to live with it, or pony up now to get them. The previous owner must have used the back seat somewhat extensively as the side panels and the panels on the back of the front seats are really scratched up. I have yet to locate blue panels for the front seat backs.