Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Code P10F2 - anybody ever had this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:17 PM
ditc
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Code P10F2 - anybody ever had this?

I did a search here and there is nothing for Code P10F2:
“Charge Air Pressure in Comparison To Barometric Pressure Too High”

I get this upon cold starts only. I will drive for a while, turn off the car, turn on again and then the code is gone until the next morning.

Any ideas what it could be ? I was thinking the boost/temp sensor on the post-intercooler intake tube. But not sure and like I said, there is nothing else on this site about this code besides for the F56s.

Thanks

Old 09-17-2019, 07:33 AM
RockC
5th Gear
Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by ditc
I did a search here and there is nothing for Code P10F2:
“Charge Air Pressure in Comparison To Barometric Pressure Too High”

I get this upon cold starts only. I will drive for a while, turn off the car, turn on again and then the code is gone until the next morning.

Any ideas what it could be ? I was thinking the boost/temp sensor on the post-intercooler intake tube. But not sure and like I said, there is nothing else on this site about this code besides for the F56s.

Thanks
A search of "P10F2 bmw" turned up a number of hits. Below is a cut/paste from one link that provides some info.

Code : P10F2
Marque : BMW
Description : P10F2 BMW Charge Air Pressure in Comparison To Barometric Pressure Too High
Causes possibles :
* Faulty Boost-Pressure Sensor
* Boost-Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
* Boost-Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
* Faulty Digital Motor Electronics (DME)

The sensor could just be bad but it doesn't hurt to check the electrical connection. Years ago with another car it would occasionally turn on the CEL with an error code that pointed to a camshaft position sensor. There was never any indication from the engine of any problem.

For reasons I won't get into to make this short I suspected the connection marginal due to minor -- yet enough to affect the sensor signal -- corrosion. I finally got tired of the CEL and unplugged the connector of the sensor from the wiring harness then plugged it back in. The CEL/error code never came back.

As I had suspected the connection had developed a bit of corrosion -- not even enough to see -- and the disconnect then reconnect removed the corrosion and made for good electrical connection again.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:53 AM
ditc
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, I think I may try a new sensor since the connector looks like its in good enough shape. Casual observation seems to be that it is fine, but I wish there was a better way to tell.

And yes, a general google search turns up a few hits, but here on NAM there are very few hits when searching for P10F2