Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Help reassure my guess

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 09:27 AM
The_Chili_Texan
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help reassure my guess

I got under the car today to replace the boost converter (kazoo noise), which actually was much easier than I thought. While I was under there I was investigating a mysterious oil leak that recently started. It drops about 2-3 drops of oil on the garage floor per night. First in my face was oil where the engine and transmission meet up, but looking closer it seems it was running from somewhere else and just going there to drip. So when I actually went to replace the converter I noticed my starter cables and the pressure converter had oil on them. That’s when I saw the line up above it had oil accumulated on it and looked fresh. (Thinking this is my source!)
So I decided to see if I can see where this line is from the top of the car. It comes around under the air intake box and goes in to the left back side (if you’re facing the windshield) of the intake cover. Is this the pcv line?

Also completely unrelated I’m guessing, is the car every once in a while will have a pretty rough start up and after the idling has calmed down the car runs fine other than intermittent boost. Sometimes it spools sometimes it’s doesn't. I did get a check engine light but the guy at oreilly said it was giving code p1434 which a quick google search has said something to do with the DTC module?? I’m not sure where to start on that.

Not sure if all this is related back to the pressure converter mooing at me for the past two weeks or just a culmination of problems popping up at one time. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I took on a couple pics of the oil leak and attached a picture from the code reader for clarification