Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

DME Internal Fault / Servicing DME

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020 | 02:20 PM
MrRowleyBri
|
1st Gear
DME Internal Fault / Servicing DME

Hey Guys,

I've got a quick question. I've been working to hunt down the issue/s causing a P3012 code that reads, "DME, internal fault, oxygen sensor before catalytic converter: oxygen-sensor module, signal-circuit adaptation values too high" . I found this LINK that lists the service procedures. (It's 44 pages and needs magnification and search to use, but it is very thorough.)

It seems to narrow the issue of code P3012 to a faulty DME stating the following, "The fault is recognized when the oxygen sensor chip in the DME detects a fault. The diagnostic fault code is logged when the fault remains present for longer than 1 min. Only replace the DME if the fault remains present continuously or if the fault frequency is greater than 3."

I'm wondering, have any of you sent your DME in for service? If you have, I'd like to know if there are any pro tips, gotchas or things of that nature that I should be aware of. I'm also wondering if I'm "barking up the right tree" with thinking I should send mine in.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Brian.

Old 02-21-2020 | 05:18 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
In some of my projects, I ran across few faulty DMEs. At the time, I used to sent them for cloning since the services seemed a bit more expensive. Based on your signature, you have a DME with TC1766 tricore chip. unfortunately my cloned FG Galletto cannot read it. However, Ktag should be able to do it easily.

Old 02-21-2020 | 07:39 AM
MrRowleyBri
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
In some of my projects, I ran across few faulty DMEs. At the time, I used to sent them for cloning since the services seemed a bit more expensive. Based on your signature, you have a DME with TC1766 tricore chip. unfortunately my cloned FG Galletto cannot read it. However, Ktag should be able to do it easily.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into Ktag.