Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

No crank, no instruments, more codes than you can count.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 06:15 PM
Chey Horton
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No crank, no instruments, more codes than you can count.

I’ve posted on this forum a good bit of times now. I’ve got an 02MCS that’s been having electrical issues since day one. Long story short rats made it there home for a while and I just got through throwing a interior harness into it and I believe everything is hooked up correctly but I did it To try and get my instrument cluster to work again without me having to jump it to a ground. But it still doesn’t work. The only light I have is an airbag light. She also doesn’t crank now and I hooked a little $50 code reader up to it and it gave me more codes and I can count. I think it may be the body control module but I need help.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:08 AM
user 7389739
Banned
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts
Not going to be much help maybe but just in case, basics first - battery condition verified good and fully charged, terminals and connectors bright shiny and tight, check all ground points; the upper motor mount one seems to be a frequent offender. Check all fuses, starting with the fusible link in the rear, etc. If you had rats you already know this is going to be an uphill battle.

Also, make sure to vacuum out all their poop and back-spray with cleaner / disinfectant / bleach - it never stops stinking.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:03 PM
Chey Horton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RedSky455
Not going to be much help maybe but just in case, basics first - battery condition verified good and fully charged, terminals and connectors bright shiny and tight, check all ground points; the upper motor mount one seems to be a frequent offender. Check all fuses, starting with the fusible link in the rear, etc. If you had rats you already know this is going to be an uphill battle.

Also, make sure to vacuum out all their poop and back-spray with cleaner / disinfectant / bleach - it never stops stinking.
I’ve already cleaned everything up and everything like that. I was doing a little bit more testing. I had to splice in a new 42 pin connector at the driver side foot well. And some of them have popped off because I didn’t crimp them tight enough. But I got them back in what I thought was good. But testing with a test light I figured out that I’m not getting power to more than half of my fuses in the driver side foot well. Which I’m pretty sure is my problem none of them are busted either they’re just not getting power

Old 05-18-2020, 06:49 PM
Chey Horton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Chey Horton
I’ve already cleaned everything up and everything like that. I was doing a little bit more testing. I had to splice in a new 42 pin connector at the driver side foot well. And some of them have popped off because I didn’t crimp them tight enough. But I got them back in what I thought was good. But testing with a test light I figured out that I’m not getting power to more than half of my fuses in the driver side foot well. Which I’m pretty sure is my problem none of them are busted either they’re just not getting power
Update. Now only one fuse is not getting power and it’s F five. One of the instrument cluster fuses. But I still have no cranking and the power steering well turn on intermittently when turning the car to on