Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

2010 Mini Cooper S electric issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 06:09 PM
Sergon10
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mini Cooper S electric issues

I was in a drive thru waiting to be served and my car just shut off didn’t even noticed, so I tried starting it again a few times it cranked after the 4 time didn’t even crank at all and I seen smoke coming out from the hood, it smelled like burned plastic or burn cables or something burned by the battery, car wouldn’t start or crank at all no action at all, so turned out to be the starter it was completely burned out and had oil in it, I took it off by removing the intake I replaced the starter with a used good one I put everything back together and car now cranks but won’t start at all I looked at all the fuses and relays and nothing the car was running fine before the starter went out, now it cranks but won’t start at all I checked for spark and fuel and it’s there car has spark and there’s fuel can anyone help me if maybe I burned anything else when the starter burned maybe it burned anything else? Or was I not sopouse to disconnect the battery because I hear that the computer gets disprogramed anyone please help????🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽