Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Getting the triple Brake DSC CEL. R56 HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 10:26 PM
Minimeandme
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting the triple Brake DSC CEL. R56 HELP?

So the CEL light along with the DSC and Brake light have been on for some time now.. at some point, it did go out for 1 day but has been on everyday for the last month.
so i took it to 3 different Mini shops and all of them have differing thoughts on what may be wrong.. 1 tried to replace the Yaw sensor under the passenger seat.. lights didn't go out. another recommended the whole ABS Pump assembly to be changed which was $$$.. does anyone know what actually may work to solve the issue. I purchased a Foxwell NT630Plus and got these codes.. and today I got the car on the lift icon as well for the first time.
Would really appreciate if you all can give me some guidance here as to what it could be.. I understand even if I replace the yaw sensor under the passenger seat, it may need to be calibrated at the dealer with their special software.. but the additional codes I got below make me wonder if something like the "DSC Sensor" could be broken, electrically impacted, or something else.. I am confused as to whether there is a central DSC module that connects all 4 wheels or if the communications errors are happening at the wheels..;?
BTW, if anyone handy is in Los Angeles or Orange County, I'd love some help and would compensate you for the time. Or if you have a recommendation of an expert shop for the R56 S mini. Very much appreciate all of your help.
I am pretty handy so can get into looking at this but my issue is I don't know where to even begin.

Foxwell NT630Plus codes:
5db2 - DSC DSC sensor rotation-rate sensor, no calibration
5db3 - DSC DSC sensor lateral acceleration sensor fault
5db4 - DSC DSC sensor, longitudinal acceleration, no calibration
5db6 - DSC DSC sensor initialisation error
5e23 - DSC pumps, more, power supply
d34b - DSC F-CAN communication fault
d36a - No DSC message (synchronization, ID:0x0D8), receiver DSC, transmitter DSC sensor
d36b - No DSC message (synchronization, ID:0x0E3), receiver DSC, transmitter DSC sensor
d36c - No DSC message (synchronization, ID:0x165), receiver DSC, transmitter DSC sensor
d36d - Message error SZL_LWS, receiver DSC, transmitter SZL
d373 - No DSC message (F_CAN_YWRT_1, ID:0x0D8), transmitter DSC sensor
d374 - No DSC message (F_CAN_ACLN_ACRO_1, ID:0x0D8), transmitter DSC sensor
d375 - No DSC message (F_CAN_ACLN_LN_1, ID:0x0E3), transmitter DSC sensor

Thanks so much for you help.

Old 05-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Jpiccott
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

What was the fix for your car having the same issues