Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Exterior lights constantly burning out

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021 | 07:37 AM
Jakezacb
|
Neutral
Exterior lights constantly burning out

To start, i live in florida the heat just eats away any rubber seals protecting lights from the inevitable rain we also get. 4 of my smaller indicator lights along with a couple brake lights are constantly being burnt out/flooded. I need help and tips on how to fix the problem rather than replacing the bulb every time it rains. Below are pictures of the lights in question but im pretty sure they ALL need attention so just assume all lights pictured needs their paired touched up.

Thank you all in advance.

Front passenger side

Rear bottom

Drivers front

Passenger rear

Old 12-19-2021 | 09:22 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Check the housings to make sure the reflector lens is actually sealed to the backing. You can also replace the orings that seal the socket to the housing.

Old 12-19-2021 | 10:55 AM
MVPeters
5th Gear
It is unusual to have so many bulbs burn out frequently. I would check your charging voltage first.
Are there any other symptoms of electrical issues?
If the taillights are failing, check for loose or dirty bulb contacts which can cause arcing & melting of the sockets.
In any event, when you replace bulbs, put a tiny smear of dielectric grease on the contacts to help keep water at bay.