Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

I'm getting a divorce

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Briscoec
2nd Gear
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm getting a divorce

I ordered five drain plug O-rings from PP, out of California. They sent me these five little brass things, that I have no clue what they are. I sent them a pic of a spare drain plug, with the 5 brass rings and they said the warehouse said they sent the correct part. I looked all over the place and found a used O-ring and took another picture and sent it. Customer service at P*****n P***s said the item number was correct and they sent the correct parts. I have never been so stunned in my life. Do they look at pictures? I will never, ever use PP again. I am deleting my account tomorrow. Cause I want to call an talk with someone that can look at the picture. ... Hello PP guy are you listening?
Sad day,
Briscoe

Old 04-27-2022, 08:58 PM
giorgos
4th Gear
Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
Are you referring to the gasket ring of the engine oil drain plug of an R56 (prince) engine, i.e. part number 11137546275, no. 3 on:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_3910

If so: They ARE made of brass.

Sorry, I only just saw your picture (surfing with TOR browser and mostly not getting to see pictures on NAM) and realised that you meant the size of them. In Germany, "o-ring" refers to rubber o-ring gaskets so I thought they sent you rubber rings.

PS.: Who's pp?

Last edited by giorgos; 04-27-2022 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:57 PM
jcolletteiii
6th Gear
Received 483 Likes on 340 Posts
Pelican, I assume?

Old 04-28-2022, 06:31 AM
Briscoec
2nd Gear
Here it is

Gasket for oil pan plug is correct. For some reason I thought Pelican called them O-rings. I did click on the correct part online, it's a pretty simple process. They said they sent correct part number, too bad it was out of incorrect bin. It just gripes me to no end when I sent the picture. I even stated that there was no rush in replacing them, use the cheapest means to make it correct.

I can call my mini justa an S, but it doesn't make it one. Yep, they are both cars, but not the same.

Off their website

Last edited by Briscoec; 04-28-2022 at 06:48 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 04-28-2022, 08:20 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,851 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Briscoec

I ordered five drain plug O-rings from PP, out of California. They sent me these five little brass things, that I have no clue what they are. I sent them a pic of a spare drain plug, with the 5 brass rings and they said the warehouse said they sent the correct part. I looked all over the place and found a used O-ring and took another picture and sent it. Customer service at P*****n P***s said the item number was correct and they sent the correct parts. I have never been so stunned in my life. Do they look at pictures? I will never, ever use PP again. I am deleting my account tomorrow. Cause I want to call an talk with someone that can look at the picture. ... Hello PP guy are you listening?
Sad day,
Briscoe
Those little guys look way too small to be oil drain plug sealing rings... I've never ordered parts from Pelican. Sorry you had that experience.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:16 AM
Briscoec
2nd Gear
I wasn't sure I'd get banned if I used the name Pelican Parts. I have good service, in the past if I had issues, just this time. I should have known the gaskets don't sell for 25 cents. I started using the Wix oil filter for this Mini and it comes with the oil holder rubber O ring and a new crush gasket. Plus it is a very fine particle strainer.