Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

DSC Retrofit????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:34 PM
lamnian
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSC Retrofit????

Hey guys great forum, was wondering if you can retrofit the DSC on my MCS which has ASC+T. I have found a totaled MCS that I can strip the needed parts, plus a shop that will do it if I can asure that it can be done...

Old 01-24-2005, 05:23 AM
Veni_Vidi_Vici
5th Gear
I'm not sure why you'd go to all the trouble. I usually turn the dsc off as soon as I get in the car.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
mattcoon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lamnian
Hey guys great forum, was wondering if you can retrofit the DSC on my MCS which has ASC+T. I have found a totaled MCS that I can strip the needed parts, plus a shop that will do it if I can asure that it can be done...
it probably would work (not certain). you would need to retrofit the steering sensor to your steering column, fit the yaw/lateral acceleration sensor under the handbrake and retrofit the cable/connector to accept the other sensors. Most likely all other data used by DSC is always available between ASC and DSC variations. The only concern I could see is if BMW has the DSC verify VIN, in which case you would need to have the DSC set up by a dealer tool.