Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

New to mini : fualt codes, engine check light

Search this Thread

Old Today | 12:20 AM
Clubman Kirill
|
Neutral
New to mini : fualt codes, engine check light

Hi all! New in this mini world and recently bought a 2011 clubman cooper s. 167k kilometers. Love the way it handles and pulls. It starts good, no rattles or anything else except the noisy ticking of the fuel injectors. There is however a few faulty codes coming up when plugging in de OBD reader.

Codes are:

2C58

2D60

After a bunch of googling I'm now aware that there's something wrong with the exhaust VANOS. Either it being dirty or just broken. Giving me 2D60 and 2C58 as a result of 2D60. That's correct right? I'm getting a look at this.

Then there's 3786 which tells me there's a broken cirquit in the auxiliary waterpump area. I'm not sure what this means? Does it mean the whole pump isn't working or is it as simple as a sensor?

I did also notice the cooling fan isn't coming on at all. I don't know if the two problems are connected but I do know when I pull of the connector of the water temp sensor in the metal elbow thing (to the right of the cilinder head), the fan jumps on. And only then and at full speed. Again not sure if it's just the sensor, or something else. I did order a new sensor which will come in today and I'll be installing it later today.

At last i have the issue of when I shift thru the gears, I can't get a smooth 'one to another gear'. At first I thought I just had to get used to the transmission but I've driven the car for the past week now and it's still giving me some sort of hickup right after I selected a second gear and giving it throttle. It's like when you just let of the clutch quickly without giving it enough throttle. I don't know for sure but it feels like the throttle respons is off and a bit slow. Can this have something to do with the faulty VANOS solonoid? I've read a sign of a fualty or dirty one is slow throttle response because of just valve timing being off. Especially when accelerating hard, gear changes are harsh and it's like I'm new to a stickshift.. Which I'm definitely not.

A lot of questions! Thanks in advance!