Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

New Clutch/Niello's the best

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:13 AM
wolverine
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Clutch/Niello's the best

I've had some noise from time to time when I let out the clutch. I have mentioned it to the service advisors at Niello in the past but they couldn't hear the noise and pin point the problem which didn't surprise me. I took it in to have a check engine light looked at (O2 sensor) and mentioned the noise and they looked at it again and without any drama said that it need a whole new clutch assembly and flywheel as described in a service newsletter. No drama, just great service. Here were the symtoms: a slight metallic scraping noise when letting out the clutch and some rattling from the engine that could be heard from the outside. The clutch actually worked very well with no slipping. When I bought the car in 03 I knew there would be problems because of the new design so I'm not really upset with the inconvenience.
Thanks Niello

Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
I have always had great service at Neillo, even though I didn't buy from them.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:33 AM
LakeHelen
1st Gear
Anyone have details about the cluthch issue mentioned in the service newsletter Wolverine refered to?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to hear that someone has FINALLY had good service from them!

Congrats Wolverine!

Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
I'm glad to hear that someone has FINALLY had good service from them!

Congrats Wolverine!

I agree w/ the Queen (as always). You should post this story on the GCM board as well. Since we're local, we have a section about Northern CA dealers. Some of the experiences at Niello have not been to great (including my own, but I'm not here to complain!)

GCM forum - Niello Section

Thanks for the story. Do we know any more about the clutch issue? anyone else have any issues. None to report for me, but I'm a 2004 model - 09/03 build date!

Old 03-08-2006, 06:21 PM
armandCooperS04
3rd Gear
I will be there this Saturday for my car's first inspection and an oil change. I have also noticed that metalic scraping sound on my car sometimes, but rarely.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
azminiman
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Lucky you.... My car has had the same problem... My dealer told me It was a noise caused the oil catch can I had installed... ( many posts on this under cluthch noise in this forum )They had already worked on the car once for the issue, then just prior to the return visit( since it had been fixed) i had installed the catch can. Now they say thats what is causing the noise...

Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Chainsaw Flowerchild
2nd Gear
Only problem I've ever had at Niello was actualy pretty funny. They serviced my car and washed it for me but only the Driver side was washed. Someone forgot to finish the other side. heh