Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Passenger seatbelt light/ audible chime... HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:08 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger seatbelt light/ audible chime... HELP!!!!

Okay NAM Community, a fellow moto-er needs your help!!! Here is my situation. When i first got my '06 MCS, any time i had a person of adult weight in the passenger seat WITHOUT thier seat belt, the seat belt indicator and an annoying audible chime would come on and stay on until the passenger put thier seatbelt on. This is fine with me, nay, awesome becasue I demand 100% compliance on the seat belt wearing policy in my car (sorry for the corporate jargon... I'm at work). Well, at soem point in the first few months, it stopped doing this. It wasnt just with skinny people or fat people, the indicator stopped coming on for everyone. Took the car to the dealer, they said it was normal for no indicator to come on, and at this time I was having a couple of other defects (bad upper strut mount which is ongoing problem for '06 owners) fixed and i sort of forgot about the indicator issue.
Well, it was working again, and had been working for a couple of months.... until last week, where it stopped working again. Now the car is in the shop (AGAIN, for the right upper strut mount) and i asked them to look into it. The service technician promptly told me again that there is not supposed to be an indicator for the passenger seat belt.
I've contacted MINI USA to get an answer from them, but can some one here (from the people who i REALLY trust) please tell me if a passenger not wearing a seat belt should make a chime come on?

THANK YOU!!!!

Ryan

Old 03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
I wish that would happen to my car! I can't stand that feature. I carry a lot of stuff in my car, and I hate having to buckle in my laundry, or boxes of books, etc.

That said, you have a legitimate complaint if it's not working, and your dealer is obviously just BSing you. Don't take it.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chrisneal
I wish that would happen to my car! I can't stand that feature. I carry a lot of stuff in my car, and I hate having to buckle in my laundry, or boxes of books, etc.

That said, you have a legitimate complaint if it's not working, and your dealer is obviously just BSing you. Don't take it.
Totally agree... the excuse of, "we plugged your car into the computer and it is not throwing any codes", DOES NOT work for me! I've logged a "ticket" with Mini USA to get a definitive answer from them. Hope they get back to me soon so the dealership can fix it and i can return my loaner car....

Thanks for the feed back...

Ryan