Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Hot Track Day-Indicators Lights went on

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006 | 09:17 AM
Arly
|
4th Gear
Hot Track Day-Indicators Lights went on

Track day at Grattan Memorial Day-HOT Temperatures
I did my 5th track dat at Grattan Raceway in Grattan, MI. We had temps in the did 90's. my 02MCS did really well in these temperatures. What I did noticed during my last track session was that the tire monitor and DSC lights went on. I drove a little easier as I did not know what was tripping the lights. I finished the session and opened up the hood and noticed a little brake fluid seeping around the reservior cap. I know that this normal for tracked MINI's. I started the car and noticed that the lights went out. I guess the brake fluid boil up. I used Super Blue Race fluid and I did not feel any fade.

The car ran without a hitch in the high temperatures on the track. I was impressed that the car ran well. I keep this car immaculate and in tune so that might have helped. I did not run water wetter in the coolant. I use distilled water with the BMW coolant.

Any suggestions on what I should do next after track days? Oil Change? Brake Fluid change?

Thanks,
Carl

Here are some Pics:

Old 05-31-2006 | 09:39 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Fluid change for sure...

did you notice any fade? If your brakes had boiled, I'd suspect that the pedal feel would be different! Also, I've really liked the metal caliper bushings that you can get from TyrolSport or Helix. (there's one other company offering them as well). These will give you more even pad-rotor contact, helping everything work as it should. Are you running stock pads or have you upgraded yet?

Matt