Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Warranty Hell ... not really.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Hell ... not really.

Egguinn is broken. For now. After giving him a good wash on the weekend, I tried to put the top down and noticed that it wasn't fully seated on the right side. Put the top back up and tried to put it down again. The right side wasn't unlatching. Oh, well, gave the dealer a call, made an appointment. Had to have some other stuff fixed. Pull into the dealer. WTF? Fuel gauge is reading a big 0. Nothing! Nada! El Fumos! That can't be right. I filled up last night and the dealer is only 18 miles away. Oh well, another thing the dealer can fix. Finally got a call from them later in the day. All the stuff is fixed except for the fuel gauge. They can't fix it today since the fuel pump broke while they were working on it. Hate to say it, but that was lucky. I would hate to have that happen on 101 in traffic.

Hopefully I will have my car back tomorrow.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM
caminifan
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Egguinn is broken. For now. After giving him a good wash on the weekend, I tried to put the top down and noticed that it wasn't fully seated on the right side. Put the top back up and tried to put it down again. The right side wasn't unlatching. Oh, well, gave the dealer a call, made an appointment. Had to have some other stuff fixed. Pull into the dealer. WTF? Fuel gauge is reading a big 0. Nothing! Nada! El Fumos! That can't be right. I filled up last night and the dealer is only 18 miles away. Oh well, another thing the dealer can fix. Finally got a call from them later in the day. All the stuff is fixed except for the fuel gauge. They can't fix it today since the fuel pump broke while they were working on it. Hate to say it, but that was lucky. I would hate to have that happen on 101 in traffic. [Emphasis added.]

Hopefully I will have my car back tomorrow.
That happened to me once (fuel pump went on holiday on 101 in traffic (just up near SFO, not LAX; fortunately, not in a MINI). All you can do is put the emergency flashers on and coast over to the side of the road.