Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Whoops! Left the sunroof open on my 02 mini

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:56 AM
bam!bee
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoops! Left the sunroof open on my 02 mini

Left with a radio stuck on one station. No other radio/cd buttons work except the volume. The volume will increase to a certain level and then completely stops working. Also, driver side seat warmer button is not working. The passenger side continues to work. Disconnected the battery and rebooted the computer to no avail. Where are the fuses for the radio/seat warmer? All of the fuses next to the engine are fine. Is it easy to replace the radio? Can't believe I did this after all of the electrical problems I have had with this car! Thanks.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:59 AM
volki
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case this may be any help to you.... taken directly from Roadfly forums posted by lmwjerry:

"OK, since I received no helpful resonses to my previous emails, I broke down and called the Mini Dealer in Buffalo. I spoke with a tech named Mark, what a great guy! I told him my symptoms of "NO START" and "THE DASH LIGHTS THAT WON"T TURN OFF" and he pointed me to a problem that Mini has encountered. He asked me if I had a sunroof car? When I said yes, he asked if my drivers-side footwell is wet? I didn't know, so I looked at what I had thought to be a really weather tight car, WRONG! My footwell has 1/4" of water in there after I pulled back the carpet and padding. Mark said the problem that I encountering is probably the 42 pin connector that resides near the bottom of the left foot-well. I'm currently trying to dry out my car and I'll clean the connector of all the mosisture and mold and see if this corrects my problem.

MINI OWNERS WITH SUNROOFS BEWARE! This type of water problem will screw-up the electrical conections, create mold and meldew and rot out a floor quickly! Check your footwell today!
Your Friend in British Cars,
JErry"

Old 08-06-2006, 11:57 AM
DarkMiniCooperS
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
That looks pretty scary!!

Old 08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Monk Edsel
4th Gear
I once noticed my driver's side footwell carpet was soaked along the edge of the door sill. I didn't have time to check it out when I noticed it, and I since forgot to do that until now. There have also been a couple times when it was raining that I swore I felt a couple drops of water hit my bare left leg. I read somewhere else on here that the problem is that one of the sunroof drains in the A pillar that leads to the underbody gets clogged, and the water ends up leaking into the dashboard.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It might very well just dry out and be ok. I did the same thing once. None of my buttons on the steering wheel worked.

I turned the car on and blasted the heater for a couple hours and everything dried out and worked just fine ever since.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:15 AM
bam!bee
Neutral
I was so hoping everything would dry out and be ok. But it's been 2 weeks now ..

Any ideas on where the fuse for the seat warmer is located? Thanks!