Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Idle Issues With P0507 Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 AM
jimz68
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Idle Issues With P0507 Code

Iv'e done a search but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas.
Idle will sometimes fluctuate between 1000-1500, or it will hang up on decel then idle normally. Pulled code P0507 (Idle Control System RPM Higher Then Expected).
Thanks!!
Jim

Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
rl48mini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0507

Bump back TTT.
I've recently had the same problem. Car is a '03 MCS and has 105K and the usual mods: pulley, CAI, 2.5" one-ball, header, hi-flow cat. The post-cat O2 sensor was replaced along the way (about 20K ago).
After clearing the code, the car was running great and then when stopped, the idle would jump up to about 1200-1500 rpm and then throw the SES light.
I've recently changed the belt and cleaned the filter and cleaned the throttle body. The car behaved for a day or so and now the code is back along with the SES. I just read a few threads and still have to check the IC for possible cracks but in the mean time, does anyone have any other ideas where to look for possible causes?
Thanks!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mild Vacuum leak?

More air in the intake than planned would do that. TB can't close enough to lower the engine speed. FWIW, fast RPM changes are done by timing (that's why it bounces all over the place) but slow changes are done by TB position....

Matt

Old 09-14-2013, 12:23 AM
PaulWalliDumali
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got this problem. I would appreciate any information to help me check somethings before I spend money at the shop. I just don't know what I am looking for.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:04 PM
Eric Spurrell
Neutral
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Solved High Idle issue Code P0507

Originally Posted by PaulWalliDumali
I just got this problem. I would appreciate any information to help me check somethings before I spend money at the shop. I just don't know what I am looking for.
I just solved this on my 16 MCS F56. I started noticing high idle rpms when the engine was already warm...think sitting in traffic or at a drive through...then the Check Engine Light came on....ran my scanner and it pulled this code P0507 "Idle Air Control System RPM Higher than expected." After some research, it was determined to be a failed or failing Fuel Tank Breather Valve. Did a RealOEM part search and voila....ordered the part $180 CDN, and installed myself in 15 minutes. Cleared the code with my scanner and done. For the 16 MCS F56 this is tge part # 13907621174 but just ask Mini to confirm via your VIN and you should be fine. Here's what the part looks like. Easy to access and replace...one clip for the wire and two hose clamps push and release. To access it, you just need to pull off the engine head cover....be careful....these can break when cold!

Engine cover removed.

Furl Tank Breather Valve 16 MCS Hatch

Its part 1 in this diagram

The part is on top of this so you need to remove the engine cover.

The following 4 users liked this post by Eric Spurrell:
Aero Cat (06-29-2024), ECSTuning (05-11-2022), MichaÅ‚ Hajduk (02-03-2021), MiniDad08 (05-09-2022)
Old 02-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Michał Hajduk
Neutral
Help

Originally Posted by Eric Spurrell
I just solved this on my 16 MCS F56. I started noticing high idle rpms when the engine was already warm...think sitting in traffic or at a drive through...then the Check Engine Light came on....ran my scanner and it pulled this code P0507 "Idle Air Control System RPM Higher than expected." After some research, it was determined to be a failed or failing Fuel Tank Breather Valve. Did a RealOEM part search and voila....ordered the part $180 CDN, and installed myself in 15 minutes. Cleared the code with my scanner and done. For the 16 MCS F56 this is tge part # 13907621174 but just ask Mini to confirm via your VIN and you should be fine. Here's what the part looks like. Easy to access and replace...one clip for the wire and two hose clamps push and release. To access it, you just need to pull off the engine head cover....be careful....these can break when cold!

Engine cover removed.

hello, also you had increasing idle speed fluctuating up to 1.5 rpm? ... I have it sometimes, suddenly it starts to add gas itself and after a while it drops and then again ... also not always .. sometimes the whole day is ok :(

Old 02-03-2021, 06:07 PM
Eric Spurrell
Neutral
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michał Hajduk
hello, also you had increasing idle speed fluctuating up to 1.5 rpm? ... I have it sometimes, suddenly it starts to add gas itself and after a while it drops and then again ... also not always .. sometimes the whole day is ok :(
YES - Idle rpms increased between 1.5 and 2.0. It did this for about a week before the check engine light came on.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:12 PM
Michał Hajduk
Neutral
YES - Idle rpms increased between 1.5 and 2.0. It did this for about a week before the check engine light came on.

Also at idle? .. because I only stop and not always. .. maybe replace the valve today .. no error indicator is on now .. only suddenly after stopping the car it increases the speed by itself to 1.5 rpm and after a while it drops and then again .. ehh I hope this is the car valve from 2015 MCS thanks !!!

Old 02-17-2022, 05:00 AM
MINI Duke
Neutral
Thanks for posting! I have a F56 as well and I saw this pop up a few months ago. I’ll try to get the part and hopefully it fixes it. I also have an evap leak P0456 code I changed my gas cap but it still does it.

Engine cover removed.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:48 PM
MiniDad08
MiniDad09
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Engine cover removed.

We just started to experience similar issues on our 2016 R57. Thank you for your post. Can you provide any tips on the "Push and Pull" clamps to release this valve? I've located the valve and as you mentioned, it is easy to access. I'm just not familiar with the push pull clamps on this vehicle and do not want to break anything if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give on replacing this valve. FWIW, I was not able to find any Youtube videos that shows more detail than you have provided. If at all possible I would like to replace this valve with the one listed on ECS Tuning website. Actually would not mind replacing the gas cap also.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/13907621174/

Regards,

Jeff Gray

Old 05-11-2022, 11:40 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,085 Likes on 1,860 Posts
We can get some bosch direct but it will take a couple days.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-pa...907621174~bos/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-11-2022, 04:55 PM
MiniDad08
MiniDad09
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Mini Fuel Vent Valve Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by ECSTuning
We can get some bosch direct but it will take a couple days.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-pa...907621174~bos/
Thank you ECS Tuning!

I was just in your place today and was about to purchase a new Mini vent valve from Kyle when my Classic Mini dealer called me to inform me about the extended warranty Mini issued on these valves. Kyle was extremely helpful and understanding as we canceled the transaction., Great place you have there in Wadsworth. Certainly plan on doing business with you in the future.

Fuel Vent Valve 10 year / 120K extended warranty. (see attached)

Attached Files
The following 2 users liked this post by MiniDad08:
ECSTuning (05-12-2022), ssoliman (05-15-2022)