Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Installing Cruise if you dont have it stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:15 PM
tvacc
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by techtipz
I have looked up the repair instructions. It seems to be a rather lengthly install with a lot of wiring. It also calls for coding of the vehicle but does not specify what to code it with. We have told a handful of people that it is not possible,did not know the kit existed. Could not guarantee that it would give you cruise 100%. The dealer most likely does not want to attempt it because of the risk factor.

May I ask in what capacity you speak. Are you a MINI tech at a dealership? Just trying to find out if this can be done...and how much. So if a Mini dealer is making these statements...it holds more water. Why would you not do this? It seems if the time is 3.5 hours and you have the instructions...it is not a big deal.

I am not afraid of the time or the wiring...but if I hit something I just cannot do due to lack of tools...that is another matter.

What is coding? Is it something I cannot due as an owner without the mini tools and computer?

Edit: I know now what coding is....telling the cars main computer what is on the car...at least that is what I have been told. I would have to take it to the dealer for that

Last edited by tvacc; 09-18-2006 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Found out more info
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
tvacc
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello all..
I am just a click away from buying this kit.

techtipz said "Could not guarantee that it would give you cruise 100%. The dealer most likely does not want to attempt it because of the risk factor."

So......I have one last question. Does anyone have a contact at Mini that I could talk to and ask if this will get me cruise? I would like to confirm this before I buy the kit. At about $1000 minus whatever discount they give me for NAM discount...it is not cheap and I do not want to make a mistake.