Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Wing mirror disassembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Zarrik
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wing mirror disassembly

When I went to take the dog for a walk a little while ago, I noticed that some hooligan had gone down the street knocking off all the wing mirrors of the parked cars, mine included. Is it an easy matter to reattach? There are three screw ends coming out of the part that holds the mirror and only one of the three holes they go into looks to be damaged. I'm curious how I can get to the top of these screws to reattach the mirror to the base.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:18 PM
MiniBetterThanBeer
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So sorry to hear to hear about your idiot attack, Zarrik.

You'll have to rotate the mirror housing to expose the torx heads of the three screws going through the base. It may be difficult to do so without the leverage of having the mirror actually mounted to the car, so expect to use a lot of force. Your driver's (left) mirror rotates counter-clockwise and your passenger mirror rotates clockwise. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Zarrik
When I went to take the dog for a walk a little while ago, I noticed that some hooligan had gone down the street knocking off all the wing mirrors of the parked cars, mine included. Is it an easy matter to reattach? There are three screw ends coming out of the part that holds the mirror and only one of the three holes they go into looks to be damaged. I'm curious how I can get to the top of these screws to reattach the mirror to the base.

Thanks in advance.