Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

festival of lights.....and more!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 AM
dwgates
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
festival of lights.....and more!

This morning my wife's 2003 mini lit up! ABS, service enngine soon, flat tire, and brake lights were all lit. I looked over the forum and found what I think the brake & ABS lights are on for (I'm suspecting a bad wheel sensor) but will postpone that work until there's less snow in my driveway. Is there a way to clear the service engine and flat tire light? I've checked fluids and everything is set. No odd odors (not rich) or overheating. No blown fuses in the box and everything seems to be operating normally so I'd just like to be able to drive around without the distractions while I try to diagnose the problem(s). On a related (but possibly not related) note the defrost switch and rear defrost switch don't light their led's when pushed. The defrost vent up front seems to get air when the switch is pushed so it may just be a bad led but has anyone had any trouble with this area?

Old 01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
chadtoolio
5th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SES light can be checked and cleared at any Autozone, or any place that can check codes. I agree with you on the ABS deal, but that is probably what is causing your FTM to come on as well. Since the FTM depends on wheel speed, not being able to see data or having a fault at one of the wheels is upsetting the FTM program as well.

Chad