Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Any idea what would cause this? BC1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 PM
cooperdude
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea what would cause this? BC1?

The video summary:
The blinkers will work like normal on the outside of the car, but on the inside they will "freak out" and the same goes with the hazards. The bulbs are all fine, they all are functional. The other thing that is weird is that my heat fan will speed up and slow down by itself, when its either in auto mode or set at a specific temperature. The radio also has issues when I have Sirius on (which is the factory set up), which refuses to change the display to correspond with what station is playing. Its also limited to two channels. I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after about an hour, as that has worked in the past. This time however it still happens.

video link

The car is completely stock, with no electrical modifcations done. However, the car has had its share of problems from the beginning - I bought the car new. The BC1 module has been replaced twice due to weird electrical problems . However now, its bad because I'm at about 62,000 miles and I have no extended warranty. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you may have a ground issue. Bad or intermittant electrical grounds can cause all sorts of problems. These are hard to find but easy to fix. I would study an electrical diagram and try to find the grounding blocks (where a bunch of brown wires all tie to the frame, they are all over the place) and remove and clean and tighten and put them back. You may never find it and you might get lucky. If you know exactly which component is causing the problem, you can always run a new separate ground. Just a suggestion as to one possible solution.

Good luck,

YD