Powerflex Bushings all the WAY

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Yes Val is correct, we just couldn't get the cores back without charging up front. Sorry if this makes it harder for anyone to get, but thank "those customers".

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 11-12-2011, 10:44 AM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nany2201
It must have been crabbing pretty bad
Huh??

Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
brohammer619
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What exactly does a Torque arm do ??

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How do the poly bushings compare to the stock one in terms of ride quality and noise? At 80k miles, I know I'm pretty much due for new bushing all the way around, but after three years of being lowered on stiff coilovers, I'm ready to go back to the factory ride for a while, and don't want to switch to poly bushing if a harsh ride is the price. Considering how many miles I've gotten out of the factory bushings, I wouldn't be upset about replacing them with more of the same.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Originally Posted by brohammer619
What exactly does a Torque arm do ??
Torque arm is the lower engine mount on the R55,R56,R57,R58 MINI. It is really soft and allows the engine to rock too much, that's why we put the inserts in, it's a huge improvement.

Originally Posted by ScottRiqui
How do the poly bushings compare to the stock one in terms of ride quality and noise? At 80k miles, I know I'm pretty much due for new bushing all the way around, but after three years of being lowered on stiff coilovers, I'm ready to go back to the factory ride for a while, and don't want to switch to poly bushing if a harsh ride is the price. Considering how many miles I've gotten out of the factory bushings, I wouldn't be upset about replacing them with more of the same.
The powerflex control arm bushings will ride like new. NO noise, NO harsh ride. I've installed over 100 sets of these with zero complaints. You'll love em.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
Six weeks later, I STILL havent gotten my "core refund"..... Next time ill just keep my sh*t

Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Mindspin311
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by niquemarshall
Six weeks later, I STILL havent gotten my "core refund"..... Next time ill just keep my sh*t
Why dont you CALL them and address the issue rather than venting on the internet.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 PM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mindspin311
Why dont you CALL them and address the issue rather than venting on the internet.
Because no one seems to answer the phone when I call or even respond to PMs

Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Surprising. I got my core refund very quickly and am very happy with their customer service.

Val

Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
When we receive them we will credit them back. If you have sent them back they may be here, but there is no name, order number or customer info to know who they belong to.
YES people do this all the time, there is no way to know who is the right person to give the credit to. If you have the tracking number, or description of the package/packing that we can identify then we can credit it back.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
When we receive them we will credit them back. If you have sent them back they may be here, but there is no name, order number or customer info to know who they belong to.
YES people do this all the time, there is no way to know who is the right person to give the credit to. If you have the tracking number, or description of the package/packing that we can identify then we can credit it back.
Ok so i called again and STILL no answer.... Or response to my PM i sent last month

Old 12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Ok so i called again and STILL no answer.... Or response to my PM i sent last month
Funny when I talked to you this afternoon when you called I told you we haven't received them and asked for your tracking info, and you didn't have it. I'm willing to help call USPS or whatever to try and find them, but I haven't seen them and don't have any info on the return?

Old 12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Funny when I talked to you this afternoon when you called I told you we haven't received them and asked for your tracking info, and you didn't have it. I'm willing to help call USPS or whatever to try and find them, but I haven't seen them and don't have any info on the return?
Lol! Yea when I had posted this, it was earlier in the day than when I specifically called... So yea disregard

Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 PM
niquemarshall
4th Gear
I had been calling all day but that last time I actually spoke to a rep

Old 12-11-2011, 11:33 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thinking about getting these for when I do my big suspension overhaul (spacers, coilovers, new wheels) this spring. Kicking the tire there is some movement. Is this going to add much time to my big shop bill for the coilover install, or is it pretty quick once the car is already on the lift with the wheels off, etc?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Matt Moore
1st Gear
i cant get shipping from your website on these.

please pm me.

Shipping to
kingston, ontario, canada
k7m 2a1

Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts
Will the Powerflex bushings fit pretty much any aftermarket sway bar?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM
dorykiki
2nd Gear
I ordered my powerflex front bushings for my gen 2 mini from WAYMOTORWORKS
I received 2 weeks later the gen 1 front black bushings instead of the gen2 purple ones

When I called WAYS to tell him what happened
His answer was that they ONLY sell gen 1 mini bushings ( color black ) and that the gen2 mini bushings ( purple ) were not as durable as as as the black ones . this is why he sent me the black instead of the purples
If this is true why would they ask you on their website if you have an r53 or r 56
My questions : is what ways saying true ?
Black bushings gen1 better and more durable
than purple bushings gen2 ?
Should I trust waysmotorwork or powerflex?
Black or purple !?
Please help

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Since some people don't believe the powerflex bushings fit both the R53 and R56 with the black outside poly and purple inner poly I took and pressed a set into some R56 control arm bushing brackets and installed a control arm to prove 100% that they fit and work perfect.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:20 AM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question for Way or any of his customers... The Powerflex site shows the following:

Gen 1 Mini:
PFF5-101 (Street) Black outer, purple inner?
PFF5-101B (Race) Color???

Gen 2 Mini:
PFF5-201 (Street) Purple outer, black inner?
PFF5-201B (Race) Color???

Questions:
1. Are the race bushings all black or the same color as the street bushings?
2. Which bushings does WAY sell for the R55/R56?
3. Are WAY's pre-pressed control arm brackets refurbished at all?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Yes we use the Gen 1 style powerflex bushings (black outer and purple inner) for ALL R53 or R56 . I prefer the harder black durometer to be the majority of the bushing for durability and feel. I've been doing it this way since the R56 came out with zero issues using the Gen 1 version.

The Gen 2 style does have the purple outer and black inner. But The purple is a softer durometer and with the loads put on these bushings so my opinion is these will not last like the black, and don't have the same feel when driving.

If a customer specifically wants the Gen 2 style we can provide that, but normally we just use the Gen 1 style for everything and love em.

For the RACE Bushings, YES they are all Black in either Gen 1 or Gen 2

As for if we refurb the prepressed ones? Normally we don't have to do anything except press in the new powerflex bushings. But sometimes we do get some of those rusty cars and we do clean up and repaint the brackets from those cars.

Feel free to call us with any other questions you may have.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great thorough answer and hearing you've had zero issues with the gen 1 control arm bushings on both the r53 and r56 and customers love them is good enough for me.

I will say one thing though... From an engineering standpoint (and I'm not an engineer) it seems like there would be more pressure/psi in the center of the bushing where the steel rod goes and that you'd want a firmer durometer for the inner bushing surrounding the rod in order to survive the high pressure, and there would be less pressure on the outer bushing and the load would be spread out more on the softer outer bushing.

So to me logically the gen 2 bushing design makes more sense, but I guess sometimes you've gotta throw logic out the window.