Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Gallery! Show me your lowered MINI!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM
jimmyd1
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hey guys I got the mini mania stage 1 suspension kit with the 2mm sway bar and Vogtland lowering springs. I put them on and they were supposed to produce a 1 inch drop as well as provide better handling. The rear is lowered as promised but the front is still at stock height. Is there something that I missed? I made sure everything went back together properly and even got it aligned and Firestone said everything was put back properly but I don’t understand why the front didn’t get lowered. If anyone has any ideas please let me know[/SIZE][/FONT].

Old 05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
After seeing the pictures of all the members with coilovers i must say i'd love to go lower yet it is obvious that the lower you go the more you pay so i'll have to settle with the 1.4 inches from my newly installed H&R springs LOL

Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Creeve
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
have any full res Rally? this worthy of bumping the zender milanos of my desktop

Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
Epic Rally, just epic.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
aztec1382
2nd Gear
What wheels are those they look great

Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Gilboyto
4th Gear
look like Audi wheels. Good choice rally! Those looks huge compared to your old BBS lol

Old 05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Yup, europe-only audi a8 winter wheels And yah, they look 4 times bigger than the RS's....must be the color and design or something

Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Ramezess
1st Gear
Hi everyone! ^_^

My MCS was lowered in March by H&R springs. Originally silver OZ 18" were painted in white, so it looks more attractive with 215/35R18 tyres. There are a few other modifications already made with my car that I will show in other topics.

Should I resize my pics or not?

An awful try to climb the ice on summer tyres!

The rear sits a bit higher

Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 AM
tmo8462
4th Gear
^^^^LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
^Love those wheels.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by willjv
After seeing the pictures of all the members with coilovers i must say i'd love to go lower yet it is obvious that the lower you go the more you pay so i'll have to settle with the 1.4 inches from my newly installed H&R springs LOL
It looks GREAT! Any lower and you would have to worry about the precious paintwork on the body kit!

As always looks stunning! Shots are great and the car too!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Finally getting the front lower with some new struts. Still got a little room to go

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
YourBoyRay
2nd Gear
Ordered my set of H&R Sport Spring 1.4" (Thank you Alta) and waiting for them to arrive to install them with the help of my buddy (willjv) but i'm kinda worried about the front air defuser under my JCW aero kit hitting speed bumps, speed diches, or scrapping. Does anyone know if it will or would i have to remove that air defuser down under my front JCW Aero kit bumper?

(I went out to my local grocery store today and as you enter the shopping center, there is a drop like delcine ditch and then the pavement inclines up as you drive into the shopping center and it touched since i heard the sudden scrapping noise and its not lowered yet, this prompted my question & worry.)

Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM
malteseracer
4th Gear
it will scrap but shouldnt cause any damage beyond scuffing up that black plastic crap. I scrape everything as I'm like 2.5inches lower than stock and it doesn't really cause me much headache

Old 06-06-2010, 04:36 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by YourBoyRay
Ordered my set of H&R Sport Spring 1.4" (Thank you Alta) and waiting for them to arrive to install them with the help of my buddy (willjv) but i'm kinda worried about the front air defuser under my JCW aero kit hitting speed bumps, speed diches, or scrapping. Does anyone know if it will or would i have to remove that air defuser down under my front JCW Aero kit bumper?

(I went out to my local grocery store today and as you enter the shopping center, there is a drop like delcine ditch and then the pavement inclines up as you drive into the shopping center and it touched since i heard the sudden scrapping noise and its not lowered yet, this prompted my question & worry.)
Thanks for the business!

I occasionally touch my under piece black thingy, on speed humps etc. with springs. A bit more with coilovers, but you should be oh k. On my 09 JCW Clubman, that completely dumped, I removed the rubber piece. That wasn't enough so then I went back and trimmed the lip down with a utility knife by scoring it. No more scrape-in!

You will be fine. Don't stress yet and the look plus handling improvement will be WAY worth it!

Let me know if I can help!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
YourBoyRay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Thanks for the business!

I occasionally touch my under piece black thingy, on speed humps etc. with springs. A bit more with coilovers, but you should be oh k. On my 09 JCW Clubman, that completely dumped, I removed the rubber piece. That wasn't enough so then I went back and trimmed the lip down with a utility knife by scoring it. No more scrape-in!

You will be fine. Don't stress yet and the look plus handling improvement will be WAY worth it!

Let me know if I can help!
Thanks Adam, you currently have the best on-sale deal in town from all vendors on the H&R Sport Spring set of 4 for only $199 only. I ordered my set this saturday and i'm in Miami FL. Do these ship from Oregon, and do you how long it will take to arrive so i can install them and throw out a sexy lowered MC pic all up on this thread so you and all can see?

Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by YourBoyRay

Thanks Adam, you currently have the best on-sale deal in town from all vendors on the H&R Sport Spring set of 4 for only $199 only. I ordered my set this saturday and i'm in Miami FL. Do these ship from Oregon, and do you how long it will take to arrive so i can install them and throw out a sexy lowered MC pic all up on this thread so you and all can see?
Yes they either ship directly from my warehouse here, or H&R's in Bellingham Washington, so expect 5-7 business days for ground delivery.

Excited to see the pics when you get her down! Thanks again and chat soon!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Rowdy
3rd Gear
Deffinatly like the stance with the H&R's. They ship from bellingham hey? hmm... may just have to pick up a set soon...

Old 06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
LimiterOne
1st Gear
Pardon my ignorance, guys... I'm knocking around the idea of some minor suspension/lowering that would result in improved overall ride (maybe fixing the harshness of the stock sport susp?) and lowering the rear just a bit so she has a more even stance. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Peace and MINIs

Me

Old 06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I've been hoping to save up for a set of coilovers so I can have them on my car by August. I'm probably going to get a rear sway bar at the same time. I was reading some things today, and now I'm wondering, will I have to get all 4 new endlinks too so I can lower my car?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
tmo8462
4th Gear
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
I was reading some things today, and now I'm wondering, will I have to get all 4 new endlinks too so I can lower my car?
Honestly Drew this is a good question. My coilovers came with a set of endlinks, I read up and with just the coilovers it's not a must, but with the sway bar they suggest it for both.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I hope not. This car is getting more and more expensive every day.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
You don't need end links. The stock ones are fine.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:52 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
I've been hoping to save up for a set of coilovers so I can have them on my car by August. I'm probably going to get a rear sway bar at the same time. I was reading some things today, and now I'm wondering, will I have to get all 4 new endlinks too so I can lower my car?
Originally Posted by tmo8462
Honestly Drew this is a good question. My coilovers came with a set of endlinks, I read up and with just the coilovers it's not a must, but with the sway bar they suggest it for both.
I hope not. This car is getting more and more expensive every day.
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
You don't need end links. The stock ones are fine.
Some mfr's of coilovers require the use of endlinks. For awhile Cross Coilovers for the R56 came with endlinks, because the OEM links were incompatible length wise. The funny thing was the included links were the WRONG length and beat themselves against the lower control arms. So in that case the ALTA Endlinks were a must to adjust the right length.

This can also be the case with other coilovers. Depending on the ride height the length can be beneficial to adjust the angle of the bar vs. control arm.

Others replace the OEM links looking to add additional strength, or want to eliminate slop in the transitional cornering loads by lengthening one link and shortening the other.

Rally has obvious first hand knowledge due to the extreme stance on his cars and may be able to shed some additional light on his setup!

Quick Reply: Suspension Gallery! Show me your lowered MINI!