Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Gallery! Show me your lowered MINI!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
mini843
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilboyto
Been a while since I've posted a pic

Rims?????

Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Mini Fireman
5th Gear
Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 AM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
clubman setup

Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
Haven't posted these up in a while. My 2009 Clubman JCW

I genuinely miss this car. Sold it and shouldn't have. My bad.......
hi, i have a 2010 clubman s im looking to buy new wheels and coilovers for.

your setup looks great!

what coilovers, wheel and tire sizes and other mods did you use to get this look without issues?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM
rickyr53
4th Gear
Wish i could go lower but the front collars will dig into the tires....I really need go take new pictures lol.

Last edited by rickyr53; 01-15-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rickyr53
Wish i could go lower but the front collars will dig into the tires....I really need go take new pictures lol.
Did you hav any problems with the vmaxx coilovers?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by g-bodrummer
hi, i have a 2010 clubman s im looking to buy new wheels and coilovers for.

your setup looks great!

what coilovers, wheel and tire sizes and other mods did you use to get this look without issues?
Thanks!

I used the H&R Sport Coilovers, trimmed the rear dead coils off the springs.

Then added the Privat Netz 18" Wheels and 215/35/18 tires.

No rubbing at all! I also added H&R Wheel Spacers too!

That covered the stance etc. Then added all the ALTA Goodies to that!

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can help further!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
Did you hav any problems with the vmaxx coilovers?
Nope no problems at all so far Is there something specific that you would like to know?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
Thanks!

Adam @ ALTA Performance
Thanks so much for the reply.

About how much more drop did you get in the rear after trimming the dead coils? I dont know how i feel about cutting $1100 coilovers. What coilovers would you recommend for my r55 to drop it all the way without cutting dead coils? Is there any that you know of? Deff looking to get the H&R spacers and alta access port and turboback exhaust as in the future as well.

So far you guys have sold me good, reliable products, with fast response, and great costumer service.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
Nope no problems at all so far Is there something specific that you would like to know?
it looks good and pretty low. i was possibly looking to get a set of these for my clubbie if the quality is good. it looks pretty low, but you said you want to go even lower, is there anymore adjusting left to go down from where your at now? also you said that the collars would rub(i assume your talking about the adjusting collars?) have you tried wheel spacers?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
Thanks!

Adam @ ALTA Performance
Thanks for the reply

How much more of a drop did cutting the rear dead coils give you? im not sure how i feel about cutting $1100 coilovers. Is there any coilovers you know of that i could still drop it all the way down without cutting dead coils?

I deff plan to get the spacers too as well as the alta accessport and turbo back exhaust in the near future.

so far, all of the products i bought from you guys have worked great with no problems plus your costumer service and fast response is a super plus in my book.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How much more of a drop did cutting the rear dead coils give you? im not sure how i feel about cutting $1100 coilovers. Is there any coilovers you know of that i could still drop it all the way down without cutting dead coils?
Vmaxx and KW go low without having to run cut springs They also have shorter bodies so you'll get more travel at a similar height.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Thanks so much for the reply.

About how much more drop did you get in the rear after trimming the dead coils? I dont know how i feel about cutting $1100 coilovers. What coilovers would you recommend for my r55 to drop it all the way without cutting dead coils? Is there any that you know of? Deff looking to get the H&R spacers and alta access port and turboback exhaust as in the future as well.

So far you guys have sold me good, reliable products, with fast response, and great costumer service.
Thanks for the reply! Cutting the dead coils doesn't hurt anything. They are there for additional height adjustment going up. No damage occurs to the struts themselves and the lifetime warranty will remain on the kit. If you ever need to raise the car up significantly, you can buy new replacement springs for about $65-75 each.

hope that helps and I look forward to earning your business! If I can help further, just let me know!!!

Adam @ ALTA Performance

Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
it looks good and pretty low. i was possibly looking to get a set of these for my clubbie if the quality is good. it looks pretty low, but you said you want to go even lower, is there anymore adjusting left to go down from where your at now? also you said that the collars would rub(i assume your talking about the adjusting collars?) have you tried wheel spacers?
I know i could solve the problem with spacers but i just didnt feel like buying them They are just rubbing cause the tire bulges out a little to much. There is PLENTY of room to go lower from where im at now.Ill see if i take pictures of how much i have left to go down tomorrow of the front and back. Im happy with them. From what i know they are pretty much less expensive copies of the KW coilovers.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
I know i could solve the problem with spacers but i just didnt feel like buying them They are just rubbing cause the tire bulges out a little to much. There is PLENTY of room to go lower from where im at now.Ill see if i take pictures of how much i have left to go down tomorrow of the front and back. Im happy with them. From what i know they are pretty much less expensive copies of the KW coilovers.

Awesome, thanks so much from all of you. all this info really helps.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Vmaxx and KW go low without having to run cut springs They also have shorter bodies so you'll get more travel at a similar height.
You have good taste for sure, you should design a r55 clubman shirt, i will buy one.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
I'll have to take the pictures tomorrow or later this week cause i woke up this morning and my car was covered in ice.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
@ g-bodrummer.... I took these today. Sorry for the shitty pictures, my sister took the camera so i had to use my laptop. There are 24 threads left to go down for the rear coils and 30 threads for the front coils.

Front

Rear

Last edited by rickyr53; 01-21-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM
g-bodrummer
2nd Gear
wow, i guess there is alot of adjustment left on them, thats impressive. I see your mini sees the salt too rickyr53. i think im going to get a winter beater for next winter. i hate seein my mccs hammerd in salt all the time. on the other hand, its alot of fun to drive in snow.

thanks again for the help. i think i may go with the vmaxx since they are half the price of the HR coilovers.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM
rickyr53
4th Gear
No problem man....Yeah that salt is a ***** lol

Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Sketch
5th Gear

My R56 on BC coilovers. Did 6mm spacers in the front, doing 6 in the back as well, just waiting on longer lugnuts.

Last edited by Sketch; 03-22-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 PM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Throwing mine into the mix. Sitting on TSW spec'd KW Variant 2, ROTA RBs and 235/40-17 Nittos:

Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Looking very nice sooper_cooper! May i ask if you rub at all?? Wish i had your set up bc i do rub.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:20 AM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Thanks! I do get some rubbing but very little and only under extremely aggressive driving. I still have 0 degrees of camber dialed in up front because I'm waiting on my Vorshag camber plates to arrive. Once they do, -2.5 degrees of negative camber up front should take care of it.

Also I just installed my coilovers and the rear has settled a bit too much so I plan to raise it just a little so that should eliminate the rears from rubbing too. I have -2.0 degrees of camber out back.

I saw your car in another thread (it looks great!) but it looks like you have 0 negative camber both front and rear. If you don't have camber plates up front or adjustable lower control arms in back, think about adding them so you can adjust your camber settings. That will most likely eliminate your tires from rubbing all together. And as an extra bonus, your car will handle even better on the bends when you're done!

EDIT: I just noticed in your sig you do have the H-Sport lower control arms. I have the exact same ones. Do you have some negative camber dialed in?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sooper_cooper
Do you have some negative camber dialed in?
Thanks for the compliment! These tires are so wide that they stick out even with -2.0 on the rear. Its gonna have to be a skinnier tire for the next set. I love the Dunlops so thats gonna suck. Those nittos look great, how sticky are they?

Old 03-22-2011, 01:02 PM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
Those dunlops did look really wide, but I think it's only because I'm used to looking at my Nittos and I think they run thin for a 235, which actually worked out for the better.

I really like the Nittos so far. They're really sticky and quiet too. They're very responsive and predictable, and they don't squeal when they're about to break loose but they communicate well back to the driver so you're aware and able to adjust.

I'd readily recommend the Nittos to anyone. I think you'd be able to run them too without problems since they appear to be thinner, bu eyeballing it through pics anyway.

Quick Reply: Suspension Gallery! Show me your lowered MINI!