Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Best Suspension setup for 04 Cooper S (R53)!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Iris's mini
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Oopss!!!
If it weren't for the emails I get when someone writes to this post then i would've forgotten to write. Silly me ...

I have a little break from work Lol...so i I can write just a few simple words.

hemiheaded18 *Bump*
Any thoughts on Dinan parts? A lot of users of their stuff say it's just amazing on the street.
I never heard of Dinan stuff before. I might get the JCW suspension cuz it comes with new struts and springs to match and it's designed specifically to our Mini's.
All I keep hearing and finding threw the forums is TSW and H-sports springs. Any one have comments on the M7's springs.
I/m not sure to go with a coilover setup because I was trying to prevent corner balancing.

So far I'm leaning to the JCW suspension, a good rear sway, a strut tower bar (one that can help prevent the mushrooming problem).

Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 AM
TWON
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because you can corner balance with some coilovers, doesn't mean you have to. That's more for mini's that get to visit the tracks regularly and are competitive.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
hemiheaded18
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iris's mini
I never heard of Dinan stuff before.
http://www.dinancars.com/store/Stage...61-p-3685.html
The JCW stuff is the most cost effective although for a little more cash outlay, there is better parts and combos available.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
heyduard
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Iris's mini
Oopss!!!
I never heard of Dinan stuff before. I might get the JCW suspension cuz it comes with new struts and springs to match and it's designed specifically to our Mini's.
[snip]
....a strut tower bar (one that can help prevent the mushrooming problem).
Originally Posted by hemiheaded18
http://www.dinancars.com/store/Stage...61-p-3685.html
The JCW stuff is the most cost effective although for a little more cash outlay, there is better parts and combos available.
Dinan is big on the BMW scene. He and his team have been "tuning" BMWs for years. and they have been fielding BMW powered prototypes for races. If you follow the link hemiheaded18 provided, Dinan has sorted a suspension for the Mini as well; they do a lot of testing. Though not vin specific, it garners good comments with the Koni yellows and a custom spring rate. Do note that they feel the Mini could use a wee bit more negative camber up front (via their brackets which fit over the stock top mount). my camber with the Ireland fixed plates is -1.8, a bit aggressive for the street. Stock camber typically maxes at -0.5. I suspect Dinan's brackets fall somewhere in between.

JCW and Dinan have done the hard work of sorting in various conditions. They will not outperform race components on the track, but they saved you the work of sorting the setup yourself. Both have a mild drop.

To "cure" the gap, you will need a more aggressive drop. TSW springs work well with OEM struts. H&R green springs and bilstein sp struts is one solution. Coilovers is another.

In any case, motor on!

Old 06-15-2008, 11:20 AM
CarGuyNeil
2nd Gear
Nice rides Iris. I have 2 Evos and a MINI.