Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Any one know about Racing Dynamics brand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
[insert name here]
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one know about Racing Dynamics brand?

I just recently purchased a rear brace bar made by Racing Dynamics. I have an issue with a bracket fitment, reference https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tch-issue.html

I contacted Racing Dynamics today about the issue in the link above, they stated that it is a knock off brand, something about they used to be a supplier then they branched off and patented the Racing Dynamics name and so on.
The "original" Racing Dynamics only makes BMW parts, and does not make anything for Mini. I found the site for the "knock off" Racing Dynamics, and the site is pretty shoddy and the same brace is advertised there. They have a contact us link, which does not work at all, which tips me off right there. The brace is working well so far, but I am having issues with it being "a knock off" and questioning future quality down the line. I tried contacting MossMini tech support, but got voicemail and have not received a call back yet.

I was just wondering if any body has purchased any of their products to let me know how well they hold up. Also, if any one knows more information on the "knock off" for the brand and the whole story behind it. The guy at the "original" Racing Dynamics I spoke to just got really aggrevated when I spoke to him about it, not towards me but towards the people I got it from.

Thank you

Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
[insert name here]
2nd Gear
No body has anything by this brand?

Moss Mini says they sell a lot and no one has had the issue I am having with the latching issue. (see above link)

No one has an opinion on it?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Nics
2nd Gear
Here is the story, it's quite old and long. http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=268267

Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AFAIK...Racing Dynamics or RD or RD Sport...who knows what they are really called only sells BMW parts. This knock-off thing has been an issue for YEARS in the BMW community as stated above. E46F is probably the biggest place to gather info on it if you want to weed through the back story. The only thing I would get from them is their Tornado body kit for the 3-series (if you can find it)...old skool and so sick.... Idk about the quality of the knock-off parts. I would suspect they are cheap and I would run the bar IMO. Worst case scenerio is the bar snaps in half. Be careful and make sure to do periodic inspections on it. Your call if you feel safe knowing what you have...

Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 AM
blue2turbo
4th Gear
I am looking at picking up similar bar, but just going to get the polished one from outmotoring probably because it's cheaper and I'm sure they have better customer support.

I had a bar similar to this in my GTI in terms of placement, and while it didn't have noticeable help in handling, it did quiet down a lot of the creaks and rattles in the hatch, which is essentially why I want one for my Mini.

Thanks for the heads up about the latching issue, I'll probably stick far away from this one. I like the M7 rear chassis brace system, but too much money for me for what I want it for.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
[insert name here]
2nd Gear
Outmotoring carries the carbon fiber one as well as the metal one (looks like stainless?) Looks like they have the same brackets with the smaller diameter striker for both.

I was able to get the play issue fixed yesterday, I wrapped the striker with electrical tape to take up the extra space to compensate for the smaller striker. Didn't want to, but broke down and rigged it. I tried adjusting everything again, the seat backs and all to no avail. The tape is going to be temporary hopefully.

I talked to Moss Motors about the issue, sent pictures and video to them, then they sent them to the manufacturer. Nothing looks out of the ordinary, they wanted to state it was my Mini. I told them that it has never been wrecked, and I think it is the bracket. They also said that the manufacturer has never had this issue before, but who knows how many people actually complain about it first before rigging it to work correctly. They are going to send me another, but it will not be till May do to inventory. The manufacturer even gave me permission to bend it if I wanted to see if that helped. Decided against the bending, thought about drilling the holes on the bracket and shave the stock bolts washers to see if I can move it up more on the frame, but decided to do it the lazy way. Want to keep the washer on the bolt intact.

I am going to contact them about what I did, and see if they will still send me the replacement bracket when they have one. They said it might be best to return it, because it is harder to get handled the more I am using it with it that way. I really like the way it handles, and there is less creaking around the corners. I can actually feel the difference of stiffness in the rear (no pun intended)

It looks to be legit, all except the company name being stolen. It is carbon fiber, really light weight and hollow. Strong also, could not bend or flex the bar, and I tried a lot to make sure. The end links are aluminum, one is reverse thread and the other regular so so you can adjust the bar. My issue, is that on the driver side you can not move the locking ring like the passenger side (note: with words facing correct direction in relativity to side of vehicle) so I am not able to tighten the lock on one side. Does not look to be an issue right now, but never know. Trying to keep both sides adjusted approximately the same length you know.

I have video on PhotoBucket, I'll link it once I get home.